Fire Hose Games is the Boston based (but fully remote) independent game development studio behind titles such as Techtonica, Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX. We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, take-what-you-need vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, parental leave, and flexible work hours. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start. Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms. We hope to hear from you!
For more info, visit https://www.firehosegames.com and https://www.techtonicagame.com
Fire Hose Games is looking for a Tech Director to support development on our recent release, Techtonica! The Technical Director is responsible for the programming department at Fire Hose Games and works alongside the studio head and production Director, setting the technical excellence bar for the studio. You’ll direct and be part of a multi disciplined team for multiple projects across multiple platforms.
Our studio is fully remote, so candidates who are able to sync with a project team based in the U.S. Eastern time zone may work from anywhere. This is a full-time, salaried position.
If you’re excited about helping us continue to grow our most ambitious game yet, then we’re eager to hear from you!
- Management, support, and mentorship for the tech team
- Learn the team's strengths/weaknesses to help ensure efficient use of their time.
- Plan long-term goals for adding tools and major project shifts.
- Long-term production planning and scoping negotiations
- Setting up processes and standards for the tech team
- Tools support/troubleshooting for the entire development team
- Act as a tech representative when reviewing/planning design, art, and marketing agendas.
- Breaking down features into component tasks with technical specs.
- Branch management and deployment for patches and major releases
- Bug triage, delegation, and prioritization
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding the time and efforts of the tech team.
- Evaluate new software/technologies for the team
- Functional Experience heading a growing technical team in a player coach capacity
- Expertise in C# and C++ development for games
- Strong Unity experience is highly desirable, Unreal experience will also be considered.
- Advanced knowledge in general games programming as well as in general games development tools, processes and infrastructure (Perforce, Services, Tools and Editors, Build Systems, Online etc.)
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Knowledge of the technical pipeline and all the processes needed to make a game
- Familiarity with several development specialties including: networking, graphics, multithreading, and console development
- Good communication and team working with game developers from all disciplines
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, organizational and problem solving skills, with the ability to both drive and follow direction
- Shipped or handled live development for at least one commercial game on PC/console
- A genuine interest in playing games
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.