Game Programmer (Unity)
Fire Hose Games is the Boston-based (but fully-remote) independent game development studio behind titles such as Techtonica, Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX. We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, take-what-you-want vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, maternity/paternity leave, and flexible work hours. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start. Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms. We hope to hear from you!
For more info, visit https://www.firehosegames.com/
Fire Hose Games is hiring a Game Programmer with commercial Unity experience to join our team working on our upcoming sci-fi factory automation game, Techtonica! We are looking for an experienced developer with solid all-around game programming skills who can dive in quickly to a codebase and make an immediate impact.
We are a fully-remote studio, and successful candidates who are able to sync with our core hours in the U.S. Eastern time zone may work from anywhere.
DEI is important to us, and candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Help optimize code to improve performance without sacrificing functionality
- Build and maintain key gameplay systems, from production through to post-launch
- Develop new and update existing pipelines to support other developers
- Work closely with other developers from all disciplines to help identify and avert engineering roadblocks
- At least 3 years of experience with commercial game development in Unity3D
- Demonstrated track record of seeing projects to completion
- Familiarity with agile development practices
- Comfortable working closely with other engineers and across disciplines
- Familiarity with Atlassian suite of tools
- Experience with Unreal
- Experience with console development
- Interest in and/or experience with graphics performance and optimization
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.