Senior Producer (Video Games)
- Fire Hose Games, Medford, Massachusetts, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Fire Hose Games is the Boston-based (but currently fully-remote) independent game development studio behind titles such as Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX. We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, excellent maternity/paternity leave, and flexible working hours. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start. Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms. We hope to hear from you!
For more info, visit https://www.firehosegames.com/
Fire Hose Games is seeking a Senior Producer to manage ongoing development of our latest game. This is a console + PC release featuring new and unannounced IP, and we’re looking for an experienced, empathetic, and effective leader to guide and grow our team. You’ll be in charge of all aspects of production, from the day-to-day routine of managing scrum and ensuring progress towards our deliverables, to the bigger-picture task making sure that the game ships on time and achieves its vision.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing interdisciplinary teams through all stages of the video game development process. Our studio is fully remote, so candidates who are able to sync with a project team based in the U.S. Eastern time zone may work from anywhere.
If you’re excited about helping us deliver our most ambitious project yet, then we’re eager to hear from you!
- Oversee a multi-disciplinary development team of 12-15 people
- Create schedules for project milestones, releases, and tasks, and help the team meet deadlines
- Mitigate or remove any impediments to the team’s work; identify and address problems before they become crises
- Manage the production backlog and track progress towards deliverables
- Conduct regular retrospectives, identify areas where the team can improve, and guide that improvement
- Coordinate work between fully-remote developers, and between in-house and outsource teams
- Manage post-launch development with regular game updates and live support
- Run standups, meetings, and postmortems
- 5+ years video game production experience
- At least 1 shipped title in a production role
- Platform experience with modern consoles and/or Steam
- Experience working with art, tech, and design teams
- Knowledge of agile development and scrum practices
- Experience with live/Early Access development
- Knowledge of production metrics
- Experience with Atlassian products (JIRA/Confluence)
- Experience interfacing with game publishers or platform holders
- Experience working with outsourced art and QA teams
Qualified candidates may wish to consider applying for our Production Director opening: https://smrtr.io/7D5Fn
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.