Production Director (Video Games)
- Fire Hose Games, Medford, Massachusetts, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Fire Hose Games is the Boston-based (but currently fully-remote) independent game development studio behind titles such as Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX. We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, excellent maternity/paternity leave, and flexible working hours. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start. Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms. We hope to hear from you!
For more info, visit https://www.firehosegames.com/
Fire Hose Games is looking for an experienced Production Director to make sure that our games and talent align with our creative vision and business opportunities. You'll work with our President and team leaders to manage portfolio planning and budgets across the studio's games. You’ll also serve as a point of contact with our external partners. Experience with games-as-a-service and live development is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing distributed teams working on multiple projects at different stages of development. Our studio is fully remote, so candidates who are able to sync with a project team based in the U.S. Eastern time zone may work from anywhere.
If you’re excited about helping us deliver our most ambitious projects yet, then we’re eager to hear from you!
- Serve as Senior Producer on an in-development game, managing a team of 12-15 developers
- Directly manage other team leads, responsible for making sure that projects progress in accordance with deadlines and milestones
- Help to hire and train new employees while fostering and enhancing our company culture, with an emphasis on diversity, inclusion, and empathetic communication
- Mentor leads and other developers in areas such as scheduling, budget, quality, communication and time management
- Help maintain relationships with development partners and publishers
- Use your experience and industry knowledge to help shape and grow Fire Hose Games
- Guide product strategy, and make sure that team skills and size align with project schedules and scope
- Standardize process and reporting methodologies for game teams
- Work with marketing and development teams to prioritize work for milestones
- 10+ years experience producing PC/console games
- 5+ years of management experience
- Fully produced at least one triple-A or triple-indie commercial game
- Experience working with external development teams and publishers
- Deep knowledge of multiple genres of console and PC games, including different business and monetization models
- Experience with release management and QA workflows
- Experience with Steam early access release strategies
- Experience with live development and games-as-a-service
- Deep familiarity with Atlassian suite (Jira, Confluence) and other team management tools
Candidates may wish to consider applying for our Senior Producer opening: https://smrtr.io/7D5Dn
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.