Senior 3D Artist
- Fire Hose Games, Medford, MA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Fire Hose Games is the Boston-based (but currently fully-remote) independent game development studio behind titles such as Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX. We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, excellent maternity/paternity leave, flexible work hours, and relocation reimbursement. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start. Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms. We hope to hear from you!
For more info, visit https://www.firehosegames.com/
Fire Hose Games is looking for an experienced 3D Artist to join the team on our latest game. This is a console + PC release featuring new and unannounced IP, and the ideal candidate will be familiar with (and excited about) factory/automation games. Our studio is fully remote, so candidates who are able to sync with a project team based in the U.S. Eastern time zone may work from anywhere.
As our Senior 3D artist, you’ll work closely with our cross-disciplinary team to define the look of an original sci-fi IP, build detailed 3D models, and bring new environments to life. Successful candidates will have a deep visual and technical understanding of sculpting, 3D modeling, texturing, materials creation, and baking maps, as well as a great sense for color, form, shape language, and style.
If you’re excited about helping us deliver our most ambitious project yet, then we’re eager to hear from you!
- Create appealing and believable machinery, environments, and characters, while keeping performance budgets in mind
- Contribute to the visual style for a new and original sci-fi IP
- Concept and build 3D assets, from rough drafts up through finished quality
- Work closely with engineers and designers to provide art support for rapid iteration and feature development
- Help craft look books and rules/guidelines for outsourcing requirements
- Provide and manage feedback on assets from external vendors
- Assist with asset integration and optimization for outsourced content
- 3+ years professional experience making 3D art for commercial video games, with at least one title shipped
- Experience with the latest asset creation tools such as Zbrush and Substance Painter.
- Experience using Unity (or Unreal) engine and other 3D authoring software to create game assets, from rough draft through production quality
- Understanding of traditional art principles including composition, design, shape language, and color theory
- Experience with agile development practices and rapid iteration
- Comfortable working closely with other disciplines
- Experience working with external service providers/outsource teams
- Experience with the latest hard surface modeling techniques
- Development experience with current- or next-generation consoles
- Illustration/concept design experience
- VFX concepting and creation
- Familiarity with Jira, Confluence, and Atlassian tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.