- Fire Hose Games, Medford, MA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Fire Hose Games is the Boston-based (but currently fully-remote) independent game development studio behind titles such as Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX. We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, excellent maternity/paternity leave, flexible work hours, and relocation reimbursement. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start. Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms. We hope to hear from you!
For more info, visit http://www.firehosegames.com/jobs/
Fire Hose Games is looking for an experienced Game Programmer to join the team on our latest game. This is a console + PC release featuring new and unannounced IP, and the ideal candidate will be familiar with (and excited about) factory/automation games.
As our Game Programmer, you’ll work closely with our cross-disciplinary team to help define, implement, and optimize the gameplay at the core of our latest title. You’ll also build and maintain tools to facilitate content creation by artists and designers. Our team is currently remote, so great communication is a must. Successful candidates must be able to work fully in sync with a team based in the U.S. Eastern time zone.
If you’re excited about helping us deliver our most ambitious project yet, then we’re eager to hear from you!
- Write clean, modular, and maintainable code
- Devise clever and scalable technical solutions to bring the team’s vision to life
- Build and maintain key gameplay systems, from production through to post-launch
- Work closely with designers, artists, and QA to identify technical needs and craft appropriate tools
- Keep an eye on performance, and look for ways to simplify and optimize where possible
- Collaborate with other engineers, lending a hand when needed and asking for help where necessary
- 3+ years professional experience with game development in C# and Unity, including work on at least one commercial title
- Familiarity with agile development practices and Jira
- Comfortable working closely with other disciplines
- Flexibility to work on a variety of system implementations, from tools to UI to simulation
- Development experience with current- or next-generation consoles
- Proficiency with dynamic terrain, voxels, and construction/building systems
- Interest in and/or experience with graphics performance and optimization
- Experience working on development tools, such as content pipeline and design tools
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.