Marketing and Community Manager
- Fire Hose Games, Medford, MA, United States
- Employees can work remotely
Fire Hose Games is the Boston-based independent game development studio behind titles such as Go Home Dinosaurs, Catlateral Damage, and 20XX. (We've switched to fully remote working since the pandemic, but we're still active in the Boston dev scene.) We pay good salaries and our generous benefits package includes health care, dental, unlimited vacation/sick time, 401(k) with matching, excellent maternity/paternity leave, and flexible work hours. Fire Hose hasn’t crunched in years and we don’t intend to start. Our company culture is inclusive, supportive, and fun. We strongly encourage applicants with diverse backgrounds and voices to apply, and consider relevant experience in all its forms rather than screening applicants based on industry experience or titles shipped. We hope to hear from you!
For more info, visit http://www.firehosegames.com/jobs/
Marketing and Community Manager
Fire Hose Games is seeking a Marketing and Community Manager to support the upcoming release of Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered and other unannounced titles. You’ll help us conduct influencer outreach and management, create marketing materials and social media content, interact with fans of our games, and expand our studio’s presence online. This will be a part time (16 to 24 hours/week) position with the possibility of turning into a full time job down the line. All work will be fully remote.
Support the upcoming release of Catlateral Damage: Remeowstered and future unannounced titles by:
- Conducting outreach to influencer streamers and content creators, and managing those relationships (most important job function)
- Creating marketing and social media content such as GIFs, developer updates, and video
- Serving as a point of contact between developers and the Catlateral community, answering questions and accepting feedback. We hope you like cat pics!
- Building the game’s presence across social media (Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, Reddit, etc.)
- Providing occasional QA support and pass fan reported issues along to the development team
- Helping to manage/moderate the Catlateral server on Discord
This role will also be responsible for kickstarting the Fire Hose Games community and managing the company’s social media accounts. If you have experience with building communities and fostering engagement, then we’re interested in giving you as much responsibility for creative marketing and opportunity brainstorming as you’re ready to handle. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to help our studio find its public-facing voice.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have experience with managing and growing online communities/fandoms (ideally game-adjacent, but we’re open to a wide range of experience)
- Understand social media and Twitch, and are comfortable communicating both in the language of social media GIFs and professional press releases
- Can adapt their style and tone to different audiences, from creating memes in the morning to managing a publisher marketing call in the afternoon
- Know how to take the pulse of the community, through interactions with fans and awareness of the gaming zeitgeist
- Are passionate and can both brainstorm and implement creative marketing ideas
Experience with the following is a plus, but not required:
- Influencer outreach and management experience strongly desired, or some equivalent transferable experience
- Previous community or social media management experience in video games, or a game-adjacent industry
- Proficiency with video editing
- Proficiency with Photoshop or other art programs
- Experience tracking fan impression and engagement metrics
- Experience working on a video game development team
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.