Senior Principal Software Engineer
- Reston, VA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
As a Senior Principal Software Engineer, you’ll provide a customer facing solution that allows our customers to view what services FireEye is performing for them and intelligence that is relevant to them. You’ll integrate with APIs that provide a lot of data and help make sense out of the data for users to understand and get the information they want. You will develop fully functional web applications that align with business objectives. You will grow your skills, work with cutting edge technologies and introduce new tools and techniques to the team. You’ll work in an environment that encourages creative thinking and limits red tape. You’ll collaborate with fellow engineers, product management and end users. You’ll come up with ways to do things more quickly and more effectively while maintaining a laser focus on quality. In a nutshell, you’ll create software that makes our customers more informed, and help FireEye protect its customers from evil.
What you will do:
- Design and develop dynamic web applications in an agile development environment
- Design and implement elegant and scalable APIs and services
- Engage in architecture sessions, challenge existing solutions and inspire ideas for future enhancements
- Rapidly prototype and refine applications based on user experience feedback
- Promote strict continuous code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly grow ones technical abilities and challenge and improve the entire technology stack
- Minimum 4+ years work experience in Cyber security space
- Working knowledge of calling and consuming RESTful web services
- Experience interacting with SQL flavored database systems, preferably with PostgreSQL
- 3+ years experience in AWS
- Exposure to unit testing libraries such as RSpec
- Ability to work well with remote teams and be willing to reach out and collaborate when needed
- Ability to lead discussions and interpret requirements defined by Product Management or stakeholders
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Docker, GraphQL, Sidekiq, Puppet, Jenkins, Kubernetes, Linux
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(Colorado applicants only*)
Minimum Salary: $116,800. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)