Staff Software Engineer
- Austin, TX
FireEye provides a full spectrum of cybersecurity products and services. This role will support and implement the Identity and Customer Experience Platform that serves all of FireEye’s offerings. This role will be critical to the success of enabling a seamless customer journey across our Products and Solutions.
Why you'll love this job
- Impact. FireEye’s mission is to change how the world experiences cyber-security. Your decisions will impact every customer of FireEye and how they leverage our offerings to make themselves and everyone safer from ever-evolving cyber threats.
- Influence. We are a team of smart and talented people from varied geography and disciplines who use our skills together to solve complicated problems. You will collaborate with and influence your team and the larger organization to come up with solutions that delight our customers.
- Trust. You will be able to prove your capabilities and earn the trust of some of the sharpest minds in the industry. You will be challenged to grow and make decisions, with the freedom to execute.
- Real Solutions. You will be facing real challenges from real customers. You will be able to lead data-driven and empathetic solutions. It feels good to know you are solving for real people and not just the loudest voice in the room.
- Learn from others. We work really hard to make sure that everyone around the table is inspiring, smart, and works well together. It makes hiring harder but everyday inspiration easier.
- Work where you want. We are a team that believes that you should be able to work where you are most effective. This job isn’t about making sure you’re in an office from Monday to Friday; it’s about execution.
What You Will Do:
- Architect, design, code, refine, document, and test end-to-end identity solution and related services
- Build solid, world-class RESTful services and interfaces using the AWS technology stack Innovate ceaselessly and creatively solve challenges
- Document, present, and influence design decisions through the team
- Collaborate with other functional teams to support the overall FireEye vision
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Maintain and encourage code hygiene, effective testing, and deployment strategies
- Mentor other developers and help them align with the team vision
- A minimum of a bachelor's degree and 8+ years of professional experience or equivalent experience and knowledge
- In depth knowledge of: NodeJs, React.js, CSS, HTML, REST APIs, NOSQL (Couchbase), AWS (EC2, ASG) & related web technologies
- Working knowledge of Apollo GraphQL
- Strong experience with customizing and extending OKTA
- Strong experience with CERTs, RBAC, SAML, JWT and other authorization paradigms
- Knowledge and experience designing and developing enterprise-level web applications leveraging modern authentication and authorization mechanisms, such as SSO, OAuth 2.0, OIDC, Client Credential Flow and JWTs
- Working experience with CI/CD tools and environments (GitHub, Jenkins, Jira, Confluence, Terraform)
- Must have strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a geographically distributed team
- Experience with Agile in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Previous work on SaaS
- US Citizenship required due to nature of work.
- FedRamp experience a major benefit
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $117,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)