Software Engineer ( Python and Java ) - Remote USA
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
The Mandiant Threat Intelligence Engineering team collects and aggregates terabytes of data for analysis of malware, threat actors and anything that may be used to violate cyber security. We are responsible for providing collected data to the analysts using proprietary tools and infrastructure which enables manual and automated enrichments changing the raw data into actionable information. This role will include all aspects of creating and supporting the proprietary tools and infrastructure from conception thru architecture, design, implementation and delivery. We use current established state-of-the-art development languages and technologies in addition to newer cutting-edge supporting tech to provide the best solutions to our users.
What you will do:
- Work with other engineers and analysts to understand and interpret data acquired from multiple disparate sources.
- Architect, design and implement scalable and performant enterprise production solutions within a cloud infrastructure.
- Write documentation to communicate solutions to engineers and users.
- Work closely with tech leads and create collaborative solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is required.
- 2+ years of experience in Java and Python programming.
- Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
- A problem solver with strong computer-science fundamentals and programming skills
- Excellent knowledge of object-oriented design and implementation patterns and concepts
- 1 + years of Experience with data systems, e.g. Elasticsearch, Postgres, Redis, Kafka
- Experience working in an automated development environment, using CI/CD tools such as Git, Jenkins, Docker
- Strong work ethic and a proven experience and commitment to agile product development and delivery.
- Knowledge of cyber security and cyber intelligence domains
- Experience with Java Spring Boot
- Experience with API design and implementation
- Experience with software versioning, packaging and deployment, e.g. Git, Artifactory, RPM, Docker, Jenkins
- Experience with cloud related technologies, e.g. Amazon AWS, Kubernetes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(Colorado applicants only*)
Minimum Salary: $85,900. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)