Junior Site Reliability Engineer - Remote USA
- Washington, DC, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Working as part of a global SRE organization you will be responsible for advanced security services via the cloud, where you will proactively analyze cloud services for performance improvements and automation opportunities. In addition, you will be working on customer provisioning and service management, datacenter services provisioning, monitoring, and management.
What you will do:
- Design, write, and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of FireEye’s cloud services.
- Solve problems relating to mission critical services with a focus on using automation to prevent problem recurrence; with the goal of automating response to all non-exceptional service conditions and building better technologies vs. manual resolution.
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards, and methods for large-scale distributed systems.
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis, and system tuning.
- Participate in on call rotation responding with urgency to incidents that may arise.
- Work as part of a team serving multiple stakeholders, balancing priorities to deliver on time while communicating status to internal customers.
- Take initiative to identify and address opportunities for improvement within the organization.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Systematic problem-solving approach coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive.
- Experience in one or more of: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Ruby, Scala, NodeJS.
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Familiarity with running web services at scale; understanding of cloud native technologies and networking.
- Experience developing tools and APIs to reduce manual interaction with systems and applications using a variety of coding and scripting standards.
- Familiarity with container solutions (Kubernetes, Docker, etc.) or Configuration Management solutions (Ansible, Consul, Terraform ,etc.)
- Understanding of Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems, and client-server protocols along the way.
- Networking: knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, DNS, routing, OSI layers, load balancing, etc.).
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) technology stacks such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(For Colorado applicants only*)
Minimum Salary: $85,900. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)