- Bucharest, Romania
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,500 customers across 67 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
The Engineering Tools & Infrastructure team collects and aggregates terabytes of data for analysis of malware, threat actors and anything that may be used to violate cyber security. We are responsible for providing collected data to the analysts using proprietary tools and infrastructure which enables manual and automated enrichments changing the raw data into actionable information. This role will include all aspects of creating and supporting the proprietary tools and infrastructure from conception thru architecture, design, implementation and delivery. Candidates must demonstrate both technology and leadership abilities. We use current established state-of-the-art development languages and technologies in addition to newer cutting edge supporting tech to provide the best solutions to our users.
What you will do:
· Work with other engineers and analysts to understand and interpret data acquired from multiple disparate sources.
· Architect, design and implement scalable and performant enterprise production solutions within a cloud infrastructure.
· Contribute to UI/UX designs and implement a solution which provides an intuitive and innovative user experience.
· Mentor other engineers in technology and solution best practices.
· Guide technology selections, perform technology evaluations and create prototypes.
· Write documentation to communicate solutions to engineers and users.
· Contribute to process evaluations and champion improvements across the organization.
· Work closely with other tech leads and create collaborative solutions and standards.
· Take point on one or more products and become the implementation subject matter expert for that software.
· A minimum of a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other appropriate studies
· A minimum of 10 years professional experience
· Previous experience leading a team of engineers
· Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent knowledge of 2 or more standard mainstream computer languages, e.g. Python, Java, Go, Rust
· Excellent knowledge of object oriented design and implementation patterns and concepts
· Strong experience with API design and implementation, e.g. OpenAPI, gRPC
· Strong experience with cloud related technologies, e.g. Amazon AWS, Kubernetes
· Strong experience with data systems, e.g. AWS Neptune, JanusGraph, Elasticsearch, ScyllaDB, Postgres, Redis, AWS Aurora
· Experience with software versioning, packaging and deployment, e.g. Git, Artifactory, RPM, Docker, Jenkins
· Experience with authoring tools, e.g. Confluence, MS Office
· Experience with task management tools, e.g. JIRA
· Experience with monitoring and alerting, e.g. Datadog, Splunk, ELK
· Experience with one or more IDE’s or editors, e.g. IntelliJ, VSCode, VIM, Emacs
· Knowledge of cyber security and cyber intelligence domains
· Experience with gRPC
· Experience with Kafka, RabbitMQ
· Knowledge of Progressive Web Application solutions
· Experience with OAUTH 2.0
· Experience with ActiveDirectory
· Experience with Slack, MS Teams bots and apps
· Experience with ElasticSearch and ScyllaDB are preferable. If no previous experience, the candidate will be required to learn these technologies during on-boarding should they be hired.