Principal Graph Architect - Neo4j ( Remote USA)
- San Bruno, CA, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
FireEye Mandiant Threat Intel Product & Engineering is setting a new standard and changing how organizations can identify and confirm relevant cyber security threats. We develop solutions that enable our customers to know more about their adversaries than anyone else by providing access to a wide array of data and indicators as active threats emerge. We do this by leveraging optimized breach intelligence data, cultivated from the frontlines of cyber security—this includes more than 300 intelligence analysts and researchers in 26 countries and over 200,000 hours responding to breaches in the last year alone.
We are looking for an experienced Architect to join a team of high-performing engineers to drive the architecture, data modeling, and efficient serving of information and models of the Threat Knowledge Graph powering the Mandiant Solutions Platform. This is a high impact role where you will be the technical leader focused on driving the design and development of the graph construction framework and data platform. The ideal candidate enjoys data modeling, building highly generalized and optimized processing pipelines to ingest data across the largest cyber threat intelligence datasets in the industry.
What you will do:
- Drive and lead the development of the Knowledge Graph architecture strategy and roadmap.
- Be responsible for the continual design and construction of an optimized and purpose-built graph database architecture that promotes performance, scalability, ease of support, service reuse and security.
- Architect solutions utilizing NoSQL / graph database technologies leveraging large-scale datasets to solve various business use cases.
- Work with stakeholders and Product Managers to understand data model and business requirements and translate those requirements into solutions and acceptance criteria that deliver business value.
- Support machine learning applications that leverage information from the Knowledge Graph to produce further insights.
- Develop plans for both batch and real-time update/load processes to efficiently populate and keep the Knowledge Graphs in sync.
- Collaborate across the data platform to leverage existing data assets in the Knowledge Graph and enrich or create additional data assets.
- Work with DevOps engineers for end-to-end CI/CD deployment of the Knowledge Graphs and associated processes.
- Produce and maintain system design architecture diagram and technical documentation.
- Lead technical walkthroughs and demo sessions as required.
- Advanced Degree in the field of Computer Science, Data Science or equivalent technical discipline.
- Total 10+ years experience and minimum 5+ years of working experience with large scale Knowledge Graphs/Graph databases.
- A strong knowledge of graph DB solutions. JanusGraph experience preferred, but others (Neo4J, Neptune, etc.) considered as well.
- Experience in multiple database technologies such as distributed processing (Spark, Hadoop, EMR), MPP (AWS Redshift, Presto, Athena, Teradata), NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra).
- Hands on experience with Graph Query languages (Gremlin, CQL, Cypher, Apache TinkerPop, , SPARQL, etc.).
- Experience with setting up data pipelines and building reliable datasets with a graph database.
- Experience with AWS – provisioning services, running Neo4J on AWS, EC2s, Lambda, etc.
- Capable of articulating, verbally and in writing, abstract concepts as well as detailed technical information.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills and the ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Experience developing APIs enabling machine learning on top of the knowledge graph a plus.
- Comfortable with agile development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence is desired.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(If you are a Colorado applicant*)
Minimum Salary: $165,700. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)