Staff DevOps Engineer (Remote, US)
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Design and implement the services and orchestration behind a rapidly growing platform within the Mandiant Advantage product. You will be a critical subject matter expert counselling core engineering staff on best practices for securing, scaling, releasing, and monitoring applications in a Production environment along with designing implementations of supporting infrastructure. Our team is action biased and we empower our teammates to design tactical plans that support the team’s strategic objectives.
What You Will Do:
- Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of FireEye’s cloud services
- Influence and create new designs, architectures, standards and methods for distributed systems
- Collaborate with a world-class engineering team to propose features that solve recurring patterns of customer complaints
- Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
- Participate in on call rotation , Participate, collaborate and provide guidance in retrospectives.
- Find scalability bottlenecks and areas for performance improvements
- Work as a strong team player with a high degree of flexibility.
- Demonstrate a systematic problem solving approach, coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Manage capacity, build Security into every layer and reduce cost
- Implement secure Networking, key management, user management, access management, process management, image management.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system reliability.
- Experience in Cloud Software Engineering, Cloud Site Reliability Engineering, & Cloud Operations
- Experience with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS) technology stacks.
- Experience designing implementations of cloud native technologies
- 1 year of experience with Kubernetes is mandatory, CKA certification is preferred
- Good knowledge of virtualization technologies and container technologies
- Beyond basic scripting(Bash)
- Solid experience using configuration management frameworks (e.g. Ansible/Chef/Puppet)
- Proven experience in handling large Infrastructure and distributed systems like Kafka, Elastic Search, and similar
- Experience with releasing software through tooling (git, GitLab CICD, GH Actions, Jenkins)
- Familiar with Observability Platform (application telemetry, tracing, and Log aggregation).
- Expertise in designing, analysing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with Unix/Linux-OS Internals and administration (e.g. Filesystems, inodes, system calls, etc) or Networking (e.g. TCP/IP, routing, network topologies, and hardware, SDN, etc)
- Basic understanding of most of the following: Jira, Splunk
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $115,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)