Reverse Engineering Manager, FLARE Team (Remote, US)
- Reston, VA
- Employees can work remotely
If you have the management and technical chops to drive one of the most technical teams in the industry, then FLARE is looking for you!
Do you have strong management skills in a technical environment?
Are you experienced in malware analysis or reverse engineering?
Do you have strong programming skills?
Do you want to collaborate with an exceptional industry-leading team?
As a manager of Reverse Engineers working within FLARE, you will lead a team analyzing malware in support of incident response and intelligence gathering efforts. FLARE managers are expected to be as technical as the team members they manage and will assist on difficult and time-dependent analyses. At FireEye, you’ll be working with and managing some of the best experts in the industry and faced regularly with complex problem-solving opportunities. Are you up to the challenge?
What You Will Do:
- Oversee the technical growth of industry-expert malware analysts.
- Support the company’s reverse engineering efforts and malware ticketing queue.
- Help identify opportunities to improve automated and manual analysis.
- Ensure the successful hiring and retention of staff.
- Lead, manage and grow a team of experienced malware analysts and researchers.
- Participate in the operational oversight of the malware reverse engineering queues
- Lead team projects to achieve organizational and corporate goals
- Identify process and knowledge gaps and work to close them
- Present the current state and future plan to executives and/or highly technical experts
Desired Management Skills:
- Proven experience managing a highly technical team.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and manage tight deadlines
- Ability to identify and solve company Reverse Engineering challenges.
- Coordinate with stakeholders
- Provide rapid support to investigations in the field.
- Proactive in looking for ways to improve projects and processes and making sure those changes take place
- Familiarity with project management and project releases
- Prior training and public speaking engagement experience
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
- Ability to manage and balance own time among multiple tasks, and lead junior staff when required
Desired Technical Skills:
- Ability to analyze disassembly of x86 and x64 binaries
- Experience writing and analyzing shellcode
- Strong programming skills
- Experience developing applications in C, C++, and Python
- Knowledgeable in the use of:
- IDA Pro disassembler
- Virtual Machines
- User- and kernel-mode debuggers
- Common binary file formats
- Dynamic analysis tools
- Network analysis tools
- Ability to reverse engineer binaries of various types including:
- Compiled VBScript
- Ability to analyze packed and obfuscated code
- Capable of Python scripting to automate analysis tasks
- Experience developing scripts to decode obfuscated data and network communications
- Thorough understanding of network protocols
- Capable of identifying host and network-based indicators
- Experience mitigating anti-reverse engineering techniques
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $130,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)