Staff Database Engineer ( Cassandra/ Elastic Search) - Remote USA
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
FireEye Mandiant Threat Intel Product & Engineering is setting a new standard and changing how organizations can identify and confirm relevant cyber security threats. We develop solutions that enable our customers to know more about their adversaries than anyone else by providing access to a wide array of data and indicators as active threats emerge. We do this by leveraging optimized breach intelligence data, cultivated from the frontlines of cyber security—this includes more than 300 intelligence analysts and researchers in 26 countries and over 200,000 hours responding to breaches, in the last year alone.
Data engineering team is responsible for building database deployment and operation automation, designing and building data pipelines and overall data management and security. Teams main focus is building stable, performant and cost optimized data services and enabling product teams to leverage the offering. Working as part of a small group, you will be exposed to most of the current distributed databases and data pipeline technologies along with modern tooling and frameworks. You will be in the position to make decisions and help shape the future of our services.
What You Will Do:
- Design and improve database automation code and self-service offering.
- Work with different product teams on designing the best data solution for the product.
- Automating data management platform and tooling.
- Optimize new and existing database deployments for cost and performance.
- Provide consultancy to product teams on data related topics.
- Produce and maintain technical documentation.
- Expertise with managing and using SQL databases (Postgres, MySQL preferred)
- Expertise with managing and using NoSQL databases (Cassandra, Elasticsearch preferred)
- Experience with managing and using distributed messaging platforms (Kafka, RabbitMQ preferred)
- Experience with automation languages and tooling (ex. Ansible, Terraform, Jenkins)
- Experience with AWS services and cloud platform landscape
- Experience in one or more programming languages (Java, Python, Go, Scala)
- Ability to articulate, verbally and in writing, abstract concepts as well as detailed technical information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work both independently and with a team.
- Experience with batch and stream data processing frameworks (ex. Spark, Flink).
- Familiarity or experience working with or deploying on Kubernetes is a plus.
- Experience with container build and deploy tools (Drone, Argo, Harbor) is a plus.
- Comfortable with agile development methodologies.
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence is desired.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(Colorado applicants only*)
Minimum Salary: $116,800. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)