Learning & Development Intern - Summer 2021 (Remote US)
- Denver, CO, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 9,000 customers across 103 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
At FireEye we employ some of the most innovative people in the industry and we want you to be part of that. As a member of the Learning & Development team, you will be responsible for supporting our Leadership & Soft Skills training initiatives. The successful candidate will work with a sense of purpose and urgency, have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines, and demonstrate keen attention to detail resulting in the delivery of high-quality work products.
What You Will Do:
- Review and update established Leadership and Soft Skills Learning programs while applying sound instructional design practices such as the ADDIE model Adult Learning Principles.
- Conduct research and create course outlines in support of new Leadership and Soft Skills Learning programs.
- Assist with the delivery of virtual classes using platforms such as Adobe Connect and Microsoft Teams.
- Create and administer courses in Saba, our Learning Management System LMS).
- Create, distribute, and analyze course evaluations using Zoho Survey or other survey tools.
- Manage coordination and logistics for all internal Leadership & Soft Skills training classes.
- Evaluate and improve administrative processes across the Leadership & Soft Skills Training Team.
- Maintain a dynamic L&D SharePoint page and create email communications that provide visibility of the L&D team throughout the organization, drive awareness of existing internal course offerings, and provide an easy way to enroll for upcoming courses.
- Support Senior Training Manager as required.
- Assist with other projects, as availability exists.
- Currently pursuing a degree
- Proficient with MS Office applications.
- Proven research and documentation skills.
- Experience with writing and editing business communications and course curricula.
- Ability to organize and coordinate multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to build effective relationships and partner with all levels within the organization.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organization and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation, and a passion for organizational learning.
Prior experience in any of the following is beneficial, but not required:
- Class or meeting facilitation experience – virtual and/or in-person.
- Instructional design experience – instructor-led and/or eLearning.
- Experience with virtual delivery platforms – Adobe Connect, Microsoft Teams, or similar software.
- Experience with course authoring software – Articulate, Captivate, or similar software.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be sent directly to [email protected]
(For applicants based in Colorado, the following applies*)
Minimum Hourly Rate: $20. Final rate will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical Insurance. FireEye also provides Flexible Paid Sick Time and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)