Software Dev Engineer (Modern C++ and System Programming)
- Bangalore, India
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 9,000 customers across 103 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
- Development of the next generation security and threat management products
- Ownership of almost all or significant areas of the code for both new feature/functionality development
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, reliability, and maintainability of the product
- Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and software development practices
- Active participation in customer/partner design meetings and general engagements
- Complete effective peer code reviews and build resilient systems.
- Work with product management to help drive the future roadmap.
- Help drive intense collaboration across global engineering teams spread across the globe.
- 2 to 5 years of systems programming experience in Modern C++.
- Expert knowledge in Windows or Linux or Mac internals and preferably in the security industry.
- Expert knowledge of the software development life cycle and methodology
- Experience with Agile programming and rapid prototyping a plus
- Strong debugging, reverse engineering, advanced programming skills
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience with high performance and scalable systems
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science from top schools or equivalent experience
- Ability to foresee and establish the vision and strategy for the product.