Technical Writer (Remote-USA)
- Reston, VA
- Employees can work remotely
As a Technical Writer with the Mandiant Security Validation Team, your primary responsibility will be to develop documentation and material for an html knowledge base for the Mandiant Security Validation suite of products. You’ll work directly with the engineering team, participating in an agile development environment.
- Develop platform help, procedures, technical briefs, and operational guides
- Develop videos, including how-tos, release announcements, and platform-feature deep-dives
- Work on several concurrent projects to support different areas of the company
- Perform peer-editing and editing support for others in the company
- Provide input on in-platform text and functionality
- Develop new and refine existing technical writing processes to enhance quality and productivity
- Comfortable taking technical information and processes and converting it into easy to understand materials (text, images, videos)
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work as a member of an agile development team creating and editing material for constantly updated features and functionality
- Ability to work on multiple assignments, while ensuring technical accuracy, adherence to documentation standards, and a timely delivery of all work products
- Experience creating online help
- 4+ years previous experience as a technical writer
- Familiar with cyber security
- Experience using Madcap Flare
- Previous knowledge management experience
- Familiar with HTML, XML, CSS
- Basic understanding of a coding language
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $70,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)