Senior Software Engineer ( Modern C++ ) - Remote Central USA
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
We are seeking a seasoned software developer with the passion and experience necessary to design and develop FireEye’s leading-edge products. Our products are cross platform and requires knowledge of Windows, Linux, or macOS.
The position requires system programming to write services that run on multiple platforms and then customized for each platform as appropriate by team members working together sharing their knowledge. The position also requires writing system functions to collect information from each platform for forensic investigations. The position will prioritize candidates with a strong interest to orchestrate rebuilding the project for the ARM processor by addressing build issues, compiler requirements and architectural issues. If learning better ways to write code, reverse engineering code and operating systems, and solving security issues are of interest to you, then please join our team.
What you will do:
- Development of the next generation security and threat management products
- Ownership of almost all or significant areas of the code for both new feature/functionality development
- Continuous focus and contribution in the areas of performance, reliability, and maintainability of the product
- Active participation in our ongoing process enhancements and software development practices
- Active participation in customer/partner design meetings and general engagements
- Complete effective peer code reviews and build resilient systems.
- Work with product management to help drive the future roadmap.
- Help drive intense collaboration across global engineering teams spread across the globe.
- Systems programming experience in Modern C++.
- Strong knowledge of build orchestration, Cmake and compiler requirements
- Expert knowledge in Windows or Linux or Mac internals and preferably in the security industry.
- Expert knowledge of the software development life cycle and methodology
- Experience with Agile programming and rapid prototyping a plus
- Strong debugging, reverse engineering, advanced programming skills
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment
- Experience with high performance and scalable systems
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analysis skills.
- Willing to work in East Coast hours.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent inter-personal and teamwork skills
- Ability to foresee and establish the vision and strategy for the product.
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
This is a regionally-based role that must be located in Northeast/ Southeast/ Southwest/ Midwest Region in the US.