Security Research Engineer - Remote US
- Austin, TX, USA
- Employees can work remotely
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
Security Research Engineers provide knowledge to assess the decisions made by advanced autonomous intrusion analysis software, design enhancements to the software and provide expertise for integration of new technologies.
- Review decisions made by solution to determine efficacy
- Identify improvement areas based on reviews of decisions
- Design solution based on business and technical requirements
- Research security products to assist Product Management in data parsing and mapping
- Provide support for advanced technologies design and validation
- 3+ years in security operations in an intrusion analyst or incident response capacity
- Background in technologies and architectures leveraged by security operations teams
- Knowledge of security operations workflow
- Excellent analytical skills and solutions development
- Basic coding or scripting experience preferred, but not required
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
(Colorado applicants only*)
Minimum Salary: $102,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)