Full Stack Developer (Remote)
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Employees can work remotely
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
As a Full Stack Developer, you will work on a small international team providing data collection and analysis technologies to support cyber physical intelligence production and services. You’ll help collect and make sense of research data, turn it into information, and make it actionable. You will grow your skills, work with cutting edge research and technologies and introduce new tools (R&D) to the team. You’ll work in an environment that encourages creative thinking and novel solutions to interesting problems. You’ll collaborate with fellow engineers and end users. You’ll come up with ways to do things more quickly and more effectively while maintaining a laser focus on quality. You will work closely with security researchers and intelligence analysts to build systems that enable the automation of data collections, analysis, and reporting. We constantly adapt to a changing target landscape to maintain access to information.
Bottom line: you’ll create software that makes our team smarter, faster, and better at what we do – protecting the world from evil.
The Full Stack Devloper will work on the Cyber Physical (CP) intelligence analysis team, while partnering closely with the Collections & Analysis Technologies (CAT) team, to provide innovative, pragmatic solutions to technical problems based upon data collections and processing. You will be self-driven to work with different teams and design solutions to collect, process, and report on cybersecurity threats.
- Collaborate with CP team to design and implement data collection and analysis tools
- Collaborate with CAT and CP team to implement tools supporting service deliverables
- Increase actionability of threat intelligence reporting by incorporating data feeds and analysis based on a variety of cybersecurity-related resources
- Build analyst-facing solutions interacting with different data sources to support analysis of cybersecurity topics and threat hunting
- Maintain and improve code base of existing projects
- Develop new technologies to capture source data
- Implement new data collection and analysis systems
- Write requirements and implementation documentation
- Develop solutions to present and visualize data to users
- You have the ability to pick up new tools and technologies
- You are self-driven to learn about different resources and how to use them to cross reference data
- You can collaborate within and across departments to ensure successful product creation
- You can help shape technical decisions in collaboration with the team
- You have the ability to work as a member of a small global team in a fast-paced environment
- You can communicate complex technical ideas to other team members
- You are comfortable working on multiple projects at a single time, and can maintain good self-organization
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience of 1 to 3 years
- Ability to work on Linux systems
- Python with use of various libraries (e.g. selenium, urllib, flask)
- Exposure to database systems: SQL and NOSQL
- Backend development exposure with REST API
- Experience with code repository systems (e.g. Git)
- Security awareness and at least some interest in cyber physical security (e.g., defending against cyber-derived physical threats that impact the real world such as against operational technology/ industrial control systems)
- Experience with client/server implementation patterns and technologies
- Experience with agile development processes and rapid prototyping a plus
- Understanding networks, proxy, browser, ssh, tor, virtualization tools
- Understanding of process automation
- Prior experience in cyber security
- Interest in learning basic malware analysis
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.