Technical Support Engineer - Associate
- Cork, Ireland
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft and Linux Operating Systems, comfortable working at CLI and having Administration experience.
- Experience of in-depth Log Analysis using command line tools
- 3 + years’ experience in the Technical Support field, Support Centre experience an advantage.
- Endpoint security experience, including network design, implementation, and management;
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with customers as well as with internal engineers.
- Excellent time management and troubleshooting skills
- Systematic Troubleshooting
- Eagerness to learn new technologies/skills
- Intermediate level knowledge of Firewall, VPN, IDS and related network security design and implementation;
- Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently, including technical concepts and terminology. Multiple language skills a plus.
The following or equivalent experience
- B.Sc. in Computing or related discipline, Masters in a security related domain a distinct advantage
- Microsoft or Linux Certified – MCSE
- CompTIA Sec+ or equivalent certification an advantage
- Microsoft Windows, Linux, Unix System administration, TCP/IP, DNS, troubleshooting experience.
- Network technologies (firewalls, routers, switches) and protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP etc.).
- Troubleshooting SQL databases Basic C/C++, Java, Ruby, python experience.
- Flexible, Self-Starter