Associate Security Consultant - Entry Level 2021
- New York, NY, USA
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 9,000 customers across 103 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
Do you love the challenge of figuring out solutions to intricate technology puzzles?
Do you like to help others solve their network and information security issues?
If you answered YES, then consider a career at Mandiant as an Associate Consultant!
We have the expertise and experience in information security. This is our focus.
You’re not just a number and you won’t get lost in the shuffle.
You will be working on challenging technical projects that make an impact. You’ll be visible.
You’ll be exposed to many different environments and technologies.
You’ll learn from our best incident responders and red teamers.
We investigate breaches that make headlines (and many more that don’t), as well as break into applications and systems to identify security gaps for our clients. We find evil and solve crime, and are seeking candidates who possess the ability to think like an attacker and stay one step ahead of the game.
Find your niche among the cool projects you'll be involved with, such as:
- Incident Response
- Host and network forensics
- Network traffic analysis
- Malware analysis and reverse engineering
- Penetration testing and Red Team
- Network, web and mobile application security assessments
- Source code reviews
- And more...
- Conduct host forensics, network forensics, log analysis, and malware triage in support of incident response investigations
- Recognize and codify attacker tools, tactics, and procedures in indicators of compromise (IOCs) that can be applied to current and future investigations
- Perform network penetration, web and mobile application testing, source code reviews, threat analysis, wireless network assessments and social engineering assessment
- Build internal scripts, tools and methodologies to enhance our capabilities
- Develop comprehensive and accurate reports and presentations for both technical and executive audiences
- Work with security and IT operations at clients to implement remediation plans
- Technical skills in at least two of the following areas:
- Strong knowledge of Windows OS and networking protocols
- Basic knowledge of tools used for forensic collection and analysis
- Knowledge of application testing and network security concepts
- Experience with programming/scripting languages such as Python
- A technical security-related internship or other professional experience
- Must be able to travel 20-30%
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship
- Strong technical acumen and ability to quickly assimilate new information
- Ability to successfully interface with clients (internal and external) and manage expectations of others
- Ability to document and explain technical details in a concise, understandable manner
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be sent directly to [email protected]