Release/Cloud Ops Engineer
- Bangalore, India
This role is based in Bangalore, India and is an influential and pivotal role as a member of our Devops team. This particular role has several varied requirements and needs a number of essential personal characteristics, skills and competencies.
The individual best suited for this job will be able to demonstrate how to juggle several completely different priorities, stakeholder groups and communities simultaneously as well as engaging their own team, customers, suppliers and the rest of the IT organization effectively. This requires the individual to be an excellent, flexible, persuasive and agile communicator, demonstrating diplomacy at all times. This key role will be operating across both traditional areas of infrastructure including compute, storage, networking, and IaaS ensuring continuous and seamless delivery and automation of infrastructure services. He/she will be responsible for a balanced approach to quality, risk, and cost while driving efficiency and effectiveness of the devops team.
This role is influential and part of overall cloud infrastructure team enabling FireEye on their cloud journey with an on-prem/hybrid and public cloud strategy
- Manage full cloud service lifecycle from the release of cloud service offerings into production through the retirement thereof
- Build and maintain cloud operations tools for monitoring, notifications, trending, and analysis
- Work with application developers to drive technical innovation and efficiency in cloud operations through automation tools and self-repair utilities
- Develop orchestration workflows, templates or scripts to deploy, configure, patch or update cloud services and related components including OS, utilities, agents or other software used
- You will take point on building provider native scripting packages to execute planned changes to our public cloud-based infrastructure as code
- Create processes and or tools that enhance operational workflow, support self-service catalog capability and provide positive customer impact
- Troubleshoot and own all production issues until resolution
- Maintain QA and Production configuration using automation tools
- Define, create, test, and execute cloud operations procedures
- Maintain and enhance the Continuous Integration & Deployment environment
- Participate in software and system performance analysis and tuning, service capacity planning, and demand forecasting
- Work closely with Enterprise Architecture to specify and document solutions and practices
- 3+ years hands on experience with either AWS, Azure or OCI cloud platforms
- 3+ years of experience supporting mission critical infrastructure services at a large organization
- Minimum 3 years of experience with scripting languages, infrastructure automation or configuration management
- Familiarity with core provider services from AWS, OCI, Azure or GCP, preferably having supported deployments on one or more of these platforms; professional level certifications desired.
- Solid experience with AWS Cloudformation, Ansible, Puppet or Terraform, as well as competency with Python, or shell scripting.
- Must have experience with Github, Perforce, git, Jira, Confluence, LDAP/AD, TeamCity
- Strong Linux administration experience
- Familiar with Apache httpd, sqlite, postgres, bind, ad, ipsec vpns
- Highly motivated, goal driven, innovative, curious and open minded, fun to work with, team player
- Good understanding of modern, cloud-centric architectures and DevOps principles
- Excellent collaboration skills and a passion for problem-solving