Security Researcher/Software Engineer (Top Secret or Secret)
- Reston, VIRGINIA, United States
FireEye is the intelligence-led security company. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. Learn more about FireEye's world-class solutions and global footprint at https://www.fireeye.com/company.html.
FireEye Mandiant is seeking high caliber and motivated individuals to join an elite Special Projects team who focus on developing capabilities to enable clients to achieve their mission. Originally created as a dream team of Rockstars found within Mandiant’s Consulting practice, Special Projects now contains Subject Matter Experts in various disciplines; including Digital Forensics, Software Development, Vulnerability Research, Reverse Engineering, and Software/Hardware Engineering. Our strength is in our diversity of expertise we bring to bear on tasks. We value the variety of experience each team member brings and how an alternative point-of-view can turn a project from mediocre to exceptional. We only take on projects that we are passionate about, because passion fuels excellence and innovation. We also only take on tasks that matter; not vapor-ware or shelf-ware.
With success comes the freedom to chart our own path. The result is a fun and stimulating environment where limits are only defined by the extent of your imagination and the teams interest to pursue new areas. If you are exceptional and want to be surrounded by individuals that are extraordinary at what they do, stop reading and start submitting.
- Write, test, and maintain C and Python codebases on Windows
- Debug existing code to resolve defects
- Perform reverse engineering (RE), vulnerability research (VR), and application development
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers during Scrum or other Agile framework sessions
- Document deliverables to facilitate knowledge transfer
- Bachelor’s degree Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent AND 1+ years’ experience in cybersecurity or related field
- US Citizenship and active Secret security clearance
- At least one (1) year of experience programming in x86 Assembly, ARM Assembly, C, or Python
- At least one (1) year of experience in Operating System Internals and low-level systems development
- Familiarity with Windbg, Ollydbg, GDB, or equivalent debugger
- Familiarity with software version control systems (e.g., Git)
- Familiarity with TCP/IP and networking fundamentals
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Understanding of virtualization and sandboxing (tools like Virtual Box, VMWare ESXi, Qemu/KVM).
Additional Desired Qualifications, but not required to be considered:
- Capability to write, test and maintain C and Python codebases on Windows, Linux, and macOS platforms
- In-depth knowledge of Windows/Linux/OSX subsystems and how they interact both at user and kernel level.
- Experience reverse engineering COTS software, malware, or hardware
- Proficiency with IDA Pro, Binary Ninja, or equivalent disassembler
- Experience with vulnerability research and exploit development
- Understanding of cyber security, threat actors, and end to end threat life cycle including one or more of the following: digital forensics, malware research, incident response, vulnerabilities and exploits
- Active Top Secret or TS/SCI clearance, desirable
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.