- Amsterdam, Netherlands
As a Software Engineer you will work on a growing international team providing data collection and analysis technologies to support intelligence production. You’ll help collect and make sense of piles of research data, turn it into information, and make it actionable. You will grow your skills, work with cutting edge research and technologies and introduce new tools (R&D) to the team. You’ll work in an environment that encourages creative thinking and novel solutions to interesting problems. You’ll collaborate with fellow engineers and end users. You’ll come up with ways to do things more quickly and more effectively while maintaining a laser focus on quality. Our team works closely with security researchers and intelligence analysts to build systems providing raw data and statistics. We constantly adapt to a changing target landscape to maintain access to information.
Bottom line: you’ll create software that makes our team smarter, faster, and better at what we do – protecting the world from evil.
What You Will Do:
- Implement new data collection and analysis systems
- Maintain and improve code base of existing projects
- Develop new technologies to capture source data
- Extend target coverage of our collection tools
- Work with the implementation team and our subject matter experts (Senior users, Architects, etc.) to understand our intelligence data
- Actively work with stakeholders to expand product features
- Write requirements and user and implementation documentation Implement new data collection and analysis systems
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience of 3+ years.
- Strong knowledge of file systems and data storage, e.g. RDBMS, Lucene based indexing, JSON documents.
- Experience with client/server implementation patterns and technologies
- Ability to work on Linux systems is must.
- Good programming skills in more than one core language: Python, Java, C
- Backend development exposure with REST API and databases.
- Experience with code repository systems, e.g. GitHub, SVN
- Ability to work as a productive member of a small global team in a fast-paced environment
- Security awareness
- Exposure to database systems: SQL and NOSQL
- Experience with agile development processes and rapid prototyping a plus.
- Knowledge of data transfer protocols and technologies, e.g. pipes, sockets
- Experience with a task tracking system, e.g. JIRA, BugZilla
- Experience with a document management and knowledge system, e.g. Confluence and SharePoint
- Prior experience in Cyber Security
At FireEye we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be sent directly to [email protected].