Cyber Security Analyst
- Indianapolis, IN
The FireEye Consulting team is seeking a passionate and highly skilled Cybersecurity Analyst to support a critical customer mission! The Analyst will work closely with the customers executive team to help develop and implement remediation strategies associated with findings from the current deployment of security technologies, and in conjunction with other FireEye security management teams. In addition, the Analyst will sustain the FireEye platform(s) and provide ongoing breach detection, forensic examination, malware analysis and remediation services to a strategic customer.
If you are fanatical about security, will do whatever it takes to keep the bad guys out, enjoy hunting for attackers, thrive on responding to security incidents and interested in designing creative solutions that enhance our clients security posture then we want to hear from you!
- Develop detailed remediation plans to address specific vulnerabilities or issues in Customer’s network
- Coordinate with Customer employees and vendors to plan and execute tasks associated with remediation plans that may include, but are not limited to, infrastructure improvements involving Domain Name System (DNS), network segmentation enhancements or Active Directory (AD) security policy improvements and account reviews.
- Develop custom support documentation, briefing materials, presentations and other customized documentation that is specified by the Customer
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices for a wide range of security tools
- Provide expert experience building information security programs to include hands-on implementation and/or assessment of security controls
- Triage and escalation of security events within the following cybersecurity domains: Threat Intelligence, Security Analytics, Network, Advanced Fraud, Identify and Access management, Cloud and Mobile Environments, Application / Data / Endpoint monitoring.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, escalating, and responding to cyber attacks and assisting in maturation of overall program
- Provide expert in-depth knowledge in collecting, analyzing, and escalating security events; responding to computer security incidents, and/or collecting, analyzing, and disseminating cyber threat intelligence
- Interface with Customer to address concerns, issues or escalations; track and drive to closure any issues that impact the service
- Oversee and demonstrate creative solutions while aligning with Mandiant’s business processes, methodologies, and client communication methods
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- Minimum 5 years of comparable experience; minimum 10 years of experience if no Master’s degree
- Expertise and knowledge of firewall technologies, IDS technologies, proxy technologies, Active Directory (AD) and antivirus solutions.
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols
- Experience with the critical tools used in security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis, or other areas of security operations
- Understanding of cyber security operations, event monitoring, and SIEM tools
- Familiarity with Windows operating systems and administrative tools
- Understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Unix, Linux, and network equipment
- Experience with a programming/scripting language such as Python, Perl or similar in an incident handling environment is a plus
- Prior interaction with C-level Executives
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including senior executive
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner, as well as to set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members
- Ability to travel up to 50% regionally
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship