Cyber Security Analyst
- Baltimore, MD, United States
The FireEye Mandiant Consulting team is seeking a passionate and highly skilled Cybersecurity Operations Specialist to support a critical customer mission! The Cybersecurity Operations Specialist will sustain the FireEye platform(s) and provide ongoing breach detection, incident response, forensic examination, malware analysis and remediation services to a strategic customer.
If you are fanatical about security, will do whatever it takes to keep the bad guys out, enjoy hunting for attackers and thrive on responding to security incidents, we want to hear from you!
- Recommend remediation strategies and best practices on a Windows focused environment
- Triage and escalation of security events within the following cybersecurity domains: Threat Intelligence, Security Analytics, Network, Advanced Fraud, Identify and Access management, Cloud and Mobile Environments, Application / Data / Endpoint monitoring.
- Responsible for collecting, analyzing, escalating, and responding to cyber attacks and assist in maturing overall program.
- Interface with clients to address concerns, issues or escalations; track and drive to closure any issues that impact the service and its value to clients
- Oversee and manage implementation improvements to FireEye Mandiant’s business processes, methodologies, and client communication methods
- Provide expert experience building information security programs to include hands-on implementation and/or assessment of security controls
- Provide expert in-depth knowledge in collecting, analyzing, and escalating security events; responding to computer security incidents, and/or collecting, analyzing, and disseminating cyber threat intelligence
- Codify customer needs across accounts and use them to drive FireEye Mandiant strategic methodologies
- Develop custom support documentation, briefing materials, and other customized documentation that is specified by the Customer
- Four or more years’ experience in a hands-on technical role of network forensic analyst, malware analyst, incident responder or similar
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (or equivalent work experience)
- Experience with L1/L2 operational support involving all aspects of the monitoring, response and triage of cybersecurity events.
- Prior interaction with C-level executives
- Experience with the critical tools used in security event analysis, incident response, computer forensics, malware analysis, or other areas of security operations
- Thorough understanding of cyber security operations, event monitoring, and SIEM tools
- Fundamental understanding of network protocols
- Familiarity with Unix and Windows operating systems and administrative tools
- Understanding of security controls for common platforms and devices, including Windows, Unix, Linux, and network equipment
- Excellent written communication skills
- Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship