Information Operations Threat Intelligence Analyst
- Reston, VA, USA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
FireEye is looking for a Threat Intelligence Analyst to join our Information Operations Threat Intelligence team in Reston, Virginia. The Threat Intelligence Analyst will be part of the FireEye Threat Intelligence team responsible for detecting and tracking cyber-driven influence operations and disinformation campaigns and authoring intelligence products for global enterprise customers.
The successful candidate will need to possess fluency with the Russian language (most importantly reading and listening) and be able to apply a rigorous investigative mindset to researching and conducting analysis on information operations activity. The ideal candidate will possess a background in intelligence analysis or a similarly analytically rigorous discipline and will demonstrate a nuanced understanding of geopolitics, particularly as they pertain to Russia and its near-abroad. The role requires very strong writing skills and will involve the frequent production of finished intelligence reports.
- Apply rigorous analytic tradecraft to detect, investigate, track, and report on cyber-driven and social media-driven information operations.
- Provide cogent threat intelligence analysis to a diverse array of clients and various internal teams in written and oral form.
- Work closely with FireEye technical experts to collect and analyze technical indicators related to malicious online activity.
- Work closely with other FireEye Threat Intelligence teams to advance and improve intelligence products and collection processes.
- Use knowledge, creativity, and analytic tradecraft best practices to obtain solutions to complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an evaluation of intangible variables under conditions of uncertainty.
- Provide input and expertise to peers in the form of analytic reviews.
- Undergraduate degree in intelligence studies, political science, journalism, and/or related experience. Masters degree preferred. Other disciplines are more than welcome if the candidate can otherwise demonstrate the strong analytic competencies and geopolitical familiarity required.
- Fluency in the Russian language (particularly reading and listening).
- Strong familiarity with geopolitical issues and political analysis, particularly pertaining to Russia and its near-abroad.
- A demonstrably rigorous investigative and analytic mindset.
- Strong communication skills with an accessible writing style; able to build a compelling and effective argument backed by strong evidentiary support while also clearly and carefully conveying analytic uncertainty. Promising candidates will be expected to complete a writing sample.
- Experience investigating politically motivated information operations and/or tracking social media-driven influence and disinformation campaigns is highly favorable.
- Prior experience in intelligence analysis and/or cyber security strongly preferred.
- Any additional languages (particularly European) and/or experience with advanced quantitative data analysis will be a huge plus. If you have them, make sure you tell us!
- Ability to work well within a team environment free from ego.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, with some same-day turnaround.
FireEye is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability. Click here to view the full EEO/AA statement.