Senior Security Consultant (Top Secret Clearance)
- Arlington, VA, United States
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,500 customers across 67 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
Join one of the fastest growing companies in high-tech. FireEye is revolutionizing the way organizations of all sizes combat the next generation of cyber-attacks.
The unique FireEye platform provides the industry’s leading enterprise threat protection technology to dynamically identify and block cyber-attacks in real time. The core of the FireEye platform is a signature-less, virtual machine-based security engine and a cloud-based threat intelligence network, which work seamlessly to help organizations protect their assets across all primary threat vectors, including Web, email, and file storage. The FireEye platform is deployed at over 900 customers and partners in over 40 countries, including deployments at over 100 of the Fortune 500 companies. FireEye’s customers are among the leading enterprises in a diverse set of industries, including telecommunications providers, financial services entities, Internet search engines, social networking sites, stock exchanges, electrical grid operators, networking vendors, and oil and gas companies, as well as leading governmental agencies. Join the team that is protecting the world from the next generation of cyber-attacks!
The Enterprise Security Consultant is responsible for enabling FireEye customers to protect their networks, systems, and data using FireEye technology to combat advanced attackers. As such, you will help customers deploy and configure FireEye products in large, complex enterprise environments, work with customers to integrate FireEye products into their security operations processes, and assist the customer in understanding threats identified by FireEye products. As a FireEye consultant, you will represent the company in customer accounts, continue to advance your security expertise and experience, and work within a team to achieve successful outcomes for FireEye customers.
- Work with strategic customer accounts on product related consulting services
- Provide deployment and configuration for the FireEye suite of products
- Manage and maintain FireEye products deployed in a large enterprise environment
- Integrate FireEye security solutions with other security products in the customer’s network
- Create Security Operations Standard Operating Procedures around FireEye products including procedures for incident response, IOC sweeping, forensic analysis, disaster recovery, workflow and process diagrams
- Develop custom reports/dashboards and other custom configurations / use cases with FireEye products within the customer’s environment
- Analyze alerts from FireEye products and follow-up with customer on investigations
- Help determine the extent of a compromise including attributes of any malware and identification of data that was possibly ex-filtrated
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in combatting advanced persistent threats; including tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of attackers and tools and processes for forensics and incident response
- Provide information security expertise and guidance appropriate for an enterprise network
- Current DoD Top Secret security clearance
- At least 10 years of information security experience
- Bachelor’s degree in information security or a related field
- Understanding of security infrastructure (proxies, firewalls, email filtering technologies, and network intrusion detection systems)
- Current knowledge of security threats, solutions, security tools and network technologies
- Excellent knowledge of security solutions and technologies, including: Linux based tools, network and endpoint solution architecture/implementation/configuration
- Experience and knowledge of network protocols, packet flow, TCP and UDP traffic
- Experience with SCCM and other agent push and distribution technologies
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to present to a variety of internal and external audiences, including the ability to comfortably interact with senior executives
- Ability to build strong client relationships and to interact effectively at all levels of the customer’s organization
- Ability to set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members
- Experience with FireEye security products, highly desired
- Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), highly desired
- Experience conducting analysis of electronic media, packet captures, log data, and network devices in support of intrusion analysis or enterprise-level information security operations, highly desired
- Experience with scripting languages such as PowerShell and/or Python, desired
- Must be willing to travel occasionally
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.