Security Analyst, Managed Defense
- Reston, VA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,500 customers across 67 countries, including more than 50 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
The FireEye Managed Defense team operates to relentlessly protect our customers from impactful cyber attacks. We are looking for motivated and experienced analysts with an understanding of enterprise-level security and incident response.
As a Managed Defense Security Analyst, you will be responsible for detecting and responding to cyber attacks at many of the world’s top companies. Your focus will be on host and network analysis, turning over every stone looking for signs of intrusion, malware execution, and attacker activity. You will be part of an incredible team of analysts who work tirelessly to apply their security and response expertise in conjunction with FireEye’s unparalleled intelligence to deliver a high impact and value service to Managed Defense customers, providing answers, not alerts.
- Monitor security appliances and provide advanced detection and response service though security event analysis and review
- Perform live response data collection and analysis on hosts of interest in an investigation
- Collate and analyze relevant events from host and network device log files
- Perform incident response and basic malware analysis to investigate incidents
- Help determine the scope of the compromise, activity associated with any malware, and assess customer impact
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in forensics and incident response and an understanding of advanced persistent threats, including: tools, techniques, and procedures of attackers
- Functional knowledge of incident response, proper handling of forensic data, and the ability to provide meaningful recommendations for remediation and attack prevention
- The ability to clearly and concisely document and explain technical details
- Experience reviewing and analyzing raw log files (e.g. firewall, network flow, IDS, system logs) and performing data correlation is preferred
- Experience with Wireshark, PowerShell, various scripting languages, and familiarity with FireEye tools and products
- Understanding of forensic artifacts found within multiple operating systems and command line tools
- A solid foundation in networking fundamentals, with a basic understanding of TCP/IP and other core protocols
- Knowledge of network-based services and client/server applications
- Basic knowledge of both static and dynamic malware analysis
- Exemplary communication and interpersonal skills
- A willingness to be challenged and a strong desire to learn
- An open mind, and an appetite for excellence
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.