Software Engineer- Research & Custom Engineering (Remote)
- Denver, CO, USA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
Want to work on (or really, really close to) the front lines of incident response?! The FireEye Labs Research and Custom Engineering (RCE) team is expanding its Quick Response Capability (QRC) team tasked with delivering rapid technical solutions to the FireEye/Mandiant consulting practice. As a member of the RCE-QRC team you will be expected to understand the consulting team's needs, identify the best technologies to get the job done, and get the job done... quickly.
Candidates should possess a broad technical skillset, and the ability to deliver reliable software in short time frames (read: you are also the QA team). Strong preference will be given to candidates with a background in computer security including computer and network forensics, penetration testing, and intrusion detection/response.
- Write, test, and maintain Python and C/C++ codebases (across multiple architectures and operating systems)
- Collaborate with team mates during Scrum sessions
- Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
- Develop, ship, and support code that matters
Check out these blog posts to get a better idea of some of the (published) work we’ve done!
- Typically, 3+ years of experience in software design and development
- Experience in one or more cyber security domains (e.g., forensics, cryptography, vulnerability research, etc.)
- Strong programming skills with compiled languages such as C or Go
- Strong programming skills with interpreted languages such as Python
- Strong knowledge in Windows and/or Linux operating system internals
- Strong knowledge in Windows and/or Linux forensics
- Ability to take requirements and execute projects from start to finish with minimal supervision
- Experience developing, testing, and packaging software capabilities that are shipped
- Experience designing and implementing highly scalable and performance code
- Ability to clearly communicate and collaborate
- Discipline to conduct thorough quality assurance and deliver high quality code
- Knowledge of internals of Python and other interpreted languages preferred
- Understanding of one or more operating system internals from user land to kernel land
- Reverse engineering experience
- Experience with ElasticSearch, Logstash and Big Data systems
- Experience implementing Serverless computing solutions
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.