Associate Engineer Intern
- Amsterdam, Netherlands
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
Looking for a new interesting and fun challenge while working with cool technologies and some of the world’s most interesting data?
You’ll help collect and make sense of piles of research data, turn it into information, and make it actionable. You will grow your skills, work with cutting edge research and technologies and introduce new tools (R&D) to the team. You’ll work in an environment that encourages creative thinking and novel solutions to interesting problems. You’ll collaborate with fellow engineers, product management and end users. You’ll come up with ways to do things more quickly and more effectively while maintaining a laser focus on quality. Bottom line: you’ll create software that makes our team smarter, faster, and better at what we do – protecting the world from evil.
This internship will be in the Threat Intelligence arm at FIreEye. Learn more about the most sophisticated commercial cyber threat intelligence platform ever developed here.
This internship is for students enrolled in Amsterdam area universities. Please no U.S applicants. The position will start in September, and we can work with you and your university to fulfill internship requirements.
- Associate engineers are responsible for participating in a fast-pace agile environment where engineers work with users to develop solutions.
- You will participate in the design of software as well as ensuring software is developed to specification.
- You must be self-motivated, able to work in an agile environment, and possess strong analytical and design skills.
- Studying Computer Science or related degree
- Familiar with Python or Java and related frameworks, such as Django, Flask, Spring Boot.
- Familiar with REST API Design and development skills
- Desire to work in an iterative sprint driven development environment
- Excellent communication skills (English)
- Strong analytical skills and systematic approach to problem solving
- Ability to present to various external audiences
- A passion for fighting bad-guys and keeping our customers safe from evil
- Elastic Search (or experience in full text search technologies)
- SQL and No-SQL databases, such as Cassandra, Mongo, H-base
- Demonstrable knowledge of Linux
- Domain knowledge of (Cyber) Intelligence
- Familiarity with messaging and streaming applications, such as RabbitMQ, MuleESB, or Apache Kafka