Software QA Engineer
- Bangalore, India
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
- Lead, develop, Automation Framework and Enterprise test setups for next-gen Security products and focus on validating the customer end-to-end workflows on environments very similar to the production deployments.
- Work closely with peers across different time zones
- Provide technical leadership for the Enterprise Test team on Automation, Creation of environments, designing the Enterprise workflows.
- Work with various teams throughout FireEye to devise enterprise end-to-end test strategies for both manual and automated tests to exercise our world-class Endpoint applications.
- Apply a strong understanding of software testing and delivery to build and maintain automated test harnesses and test suites using scripting languages and industry tools.
- Lead efforts to provide comprehensive test coverage and confidence in our codebase for new and existing functionality
- Demonstrate accountability for meeting milestones and ensuring quality engineering deliverables
- Apply a strong understanding of network concepts, distributed systems, database structures, virtual machines, cloud infrastructure to configure test environments and execute test plans both for automated and manual testing.
- Integrate automated test cases into an automated test suites and infrastructure.
- Work with engineers to troubleshoot and remediate automation issues in testing and deploying environments.
- Determine the root cause of defects by analyzing debug logs, analyzing crash dumps and reviewing code.
- Utilize Jira for entering and tracking defects, stories, and Epics while providing reports on defect tracking and escalating technical issues as needed.
- Work with the support team and internal customers to troubleshoot and remediate issues in production environments.
- Extend existing test suite to cover enterprise level automated smoke, regression and functional tests.
- Collaborate with development organization to understand how development changes affect our enterprise level test cases and automation.
- Provide test coverage analysis based on automation results.
Core Competencies, Characteristics and Essential Functions:
- Experience using source control tools (e.g., Subversion, Git, Perforce)
- Experience using continuous integration and build environments (e.g., Jenkins/Hudson, TeamCity)
- Able to troubleshoot complex problems within a cross-platform, distributed system
- Experience with the Agile Scrum
- Thorough knowledge of software testing and automation principles
- Understanding of Enterprise or Endpoint Security product concepts
- Experience with Performance, Load and Soak testing is a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skill
- B.S. or B.E. in a technical field: computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience.
- 3-8yrs years professional experience in software automation and/or software development or enterprise software testing.
- 2+ year professional experience designing and implementing scripting using Python or shell scripting language
- Understanding and knowledge with test automation using Jenkins or custom scripts, automation framework, enterprise deployments.
- Deep understanding on AWS infrastructure and working knowledge on cloud product is must
- 3 to 5 years overall experience in enterprise software testing in any form (manual, automation, etc.).
- Experience with testing user workflows, Business process management, and API integration solutions.
- Proven experience in working with cross-functional teams in capturing requirements, developing use cases and determines success criteria.
- Proven experience developing automated test systems and scripts beyond record and playback. Specifically developing functions, adding control flow logic, loops, etc.
- Proven understanding of white box, grey box and black box testing techniques.
- Proven ability to deliver quality results in a busy and dynamic business focused environment.
- Proven experience in developing testing strategies and implementing testing process within Agile Scrum SDLC.
- Must work well in a demanding, fast paced team environment.
- Ability to follow technical instructions and have very good troubleshooting and debugging skills.
- In-depth understanding of the various testing concepts (e.g. Enterprise, Functional, Usability, Availability, Performance).
- Experience in installation, deployment, and upgrade of server applications is desirable.
- Prior experience in security domain is desirable
- Understanding of latest trends in security industry and thread landscapes
- Must well work in a demanding, fast paced team environment