Software QA Engineer - Python & Networking
- Bangalore, India
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
We are seeking seasoned senior QA Engineers with the passion and experience necessary to test FireEye’s leading edge product suites.
This position requires in depth knowledge of networking, database, web, and cloud services to deliver the FireEye security solution. Direct network security experience is required. This person will develop complex test scenarios for the FireEye security appliance management system, build the required test infrastructure, and perform the functional test execution. Services to test include centralized configuration and policy management, malware signature aggregation and distribution, and software upgrade, and some performance testing. This person will provide the test strategy, feature test plans, and user acceptance criteria for releases of FireEye products. You will work with the team to develop manual and automated test cases using scripts and tools using a provided test harness. Identify potential product issues and champion their successful resolution.
- Bachelor’s degree or the foreign equivalent in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- 5 to 10 years QA work experience testing network equipment such as Web Servers, Networking, databases, Proxies, IPS and Firewalls
- Competent skills setting up and configuring networking products including Linux and Windows systems
- Required testing experience on
- Client/server Web UI and CLI testing
- SQL or other related databases
- Tcpdump or wireshark
- Network devices
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills for large software enterprise systems using Linux
- Must have knowledge in at least one area of these key IT technologies:
- HTTP Web Servers, SMTP Mail Servers, or CIFS File Servers.
- Highly desirable:
- Experience in a scripting language (e.g. Python, Perl, etc.)
- Knowledge of security technologies such as SSL, IPSEC, SSH, or other authentication protocols
- Linux shell scripting
- Understanding of latest trends in security industry and thread landscapes
- Must well work in a demanding, fast paced team environment