Senior Developer (REMOTE - US ALL)
- New York, NY, USA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
Are you passionate about creating web applications that solve real problems? Do you want to build products that help national security organizations and Fortune 500 companies protect their networks from evil? If so, we would like to hear from you!
We are looking for outstanding engineers to work on exciting new products for FireEye customers. While you need to understand reasonable software security practices, you do not need to have a background in information security, and a security clearance is not required.
Our Staff Developer will architect and develop the FireEye Market where FireEye customers, partners and employees come to collaborate and share innovative solutions. Empower our developers with the tools and knowledge to build platform apps and third-party integrations, and enable sharing and discovery through the FireEye Market. Our highly collaborative teams rapidly release software in an environment where innovation is applauded, continuous integration is a focus, and you help own the vision and direction of our success.
· Develop and maintain the FireEye Market (https://fireeye.market)
· Architect best-practice data stores using various database technologies
· Engage in architecture sessions, challenge existing solutions and inspire ideas for future enhancements
· Define code architecture decisions to support a high-performance and scalable product with a minimal footprint
· Promote strict code testing and validation to ensure high-quality coding standards
· Stay abreast of the latest technology trends, coding standards, libraries and frameworks to constantly challenge and redefine FireEye’s technology stack
· Bachelor’s degree in technology field
· 3+ years of professional experience developing web software
· 3+ years of experience with backend technologies such as NodeJS
· Expert understanding in creating secure RESTful-based web services in JSON
· Deep understanding of performance best-practices using caching and compression technologies
· Experience with Agile and test-driven development, continuous integration (Jenkins) and version control (GitHub)
· Exposure to bug tracking and task management software such as JIRA
· Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
· Experience with AWS Lambda and serverless programming methodologies
· Experience with AWS DynamoDB
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.