Junior Rust / C Engineer
- Charlottesville, VA
FireEye is the leader in intelligence-led security-as-a-service. Working as a seamless, scalable extension of customer security operations, FireEye offers a single platform that blends innovative security technologies, nation-state grade threat intelligence, and world-renowned Mandiant® consulting. With this approach, FireEye eliminates the complexity and burden of cyber security for organizations struggling to prepare for, prevent, and respond to cyber attacks. FireEye has over 7,000 customers across 67 countries, including more than 45 percent of the Forbes Global 2000.
FireEye is looking for talented and energetic software engineers to join the development team of the Enterprise Forensics Group in Charlottesville, VA. Our group develops flexible, scalable, high-performance solutions to challenging network forensics problems in a collaborative team environment. The ideal candidate will be well versed in data structures, algorithms, and multi-threaded application development in either C or Rust. The candidate will work closely with a small group of engineers to help design and deliver the next generation Network Forensics Platform.
- Actively participate in all phases of development from design to post-deployment issue resolution
- Share ownership of significant areas of code for both new and existing features and functionality
- Help diagnose and resolve field-reported issues
- Work with other team members and with security consultants to refine requirements and implement design decisions
- Contribute to code reviews of team projects
- Experience coding in C or Rust with strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Experience with multithreaded programming with the pthread library
- Experience with validation and performance tuning using tools such as valgrind and perf
- Knowledge of data structures and their implementation details
- Understanding of multithreaded applications and concurrency control
- Ability to use Linux as both a development platform and a target execution environment
- Understanding of version control systems such as git and/or subversion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively work in a cooperative team environment
- 1+ years of coding experience
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Experience with cloud deployments is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.