Senior Salesforce Consultant
- 1150 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add.” You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
The Senior Salesforce Consultant oversees projects within our Salesforce practice from the initial project phase through execution in collaboration with or without a team. The day-to-day includes gathering requirements from client stakeholders, determining off-the-shelf and custom solutions using Salesforce best practices, overseeing the implementation of declarative work, custom development, data migrations, and system tool integrations. Depending on the level of experience and expertise, mentoring more junior team members. Our ideal candidate has a background in Salesforce consulting, specifically with nonprofits, and has worked on small multidisciplinary teams. While deep experience is necessary for this role, we are also looking for someone who can scale to our environment and build trust while adapting their expertise to our model.
Provide technical direction on Salesforce implementation and enhancement projects
Participate in client discovery sessions with a primary focus on documentation of existing business processes and identifying client needs.
Document recommended changes to organizational structure or processes
Assess third-party tools and make recommendations to clients based on documented requirements
Analyze functional and technical requirements to engineer Salesforce-focused technical solutions integrating and third-party apps and databases as necessary
Collaborate with a project manager to create a project strategy, plan, and estimate and iterate throughout the project
Lead the development of solutions built on Salesforce and configure the application in accordance with the project plan
Create testing scripts, test criteria and/or test scenarios that walk the client through testing the built functionality and ensure all work is thoroughly tested before going to the client. Build and execute training and documentation to ensure launch adoption and ongoing support for the client team
Decompose work assignments to match workplace skillsets
Lead mitigation activities on critical and high-risk issues escalated by project teams and clients
Be a strategic client interface
Stay current on Salesforce ecosystem and related technologies
As a Senior Consultant….
- You know Salesforce and nonprofits. You may have started out your career as an accidental admin. You have a passion for nonprofits, and you’ve seen the impact Salesforce can have in an organization that’s working to change the world.
- You have worked on a variety of implementation projects: You have collaborated with technical and non-technical team members to complete a range of project types from small projects with a straightforward objective, to large projects with many business requirements. You have worked on and may have led end to end Salesforce implementations that include requirements gathering, providing solution options, communication of options to clients, technical documentation, technical oversight, system testing, release management, and deployment. You can identify gaps between current and future states and deliver properly positioned solutions.
- You have a broad set of tools: You feel comfortable determining the appropriate application of configuration vs. custom development, have a strong understanding of the technical applications available inside the Salesforce ecosystem, and you know how to evaluate and advocate for the right tool for the job.
- You are a strong communicator: You can distill complex technical ideas for a diverse set of stakeholders from developers, project managers, executives, and clients of all technical levels of sophistication.
- You are adaptable: The idea of working on several diverse types of projects of different sizes within different organizations excites you.
- You are a delegator: You like to stay involved enough in projects that you know what is happening, but when you see an opportunity to hand off work to someone else, you take it.
- You are a critical thinker: You don’t need to be told how to get from point A to point B. You are up for the challenge of figuring out how the pieces of a given project fit together.
- Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
- Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
- Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovative solutions to challenging problems
- Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit a track record of doing the right thing, even in tough circumstances
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.