Strategic Account Executive
- 1150 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20036, USA
- Employees can work remotely
Fíonta exists to help impact-driven organizations leverage technology as a force for change. We are truly inspired by our clients’ missions and motivated to help them succeed. We work with a broad range of organizations, including groups that are working to bring an end to global slavery and HIV/AIDS, to feed America, to end generational poverty in New York City, and to support and advocate for those struggling with mental illness.
In addition to working with great clients, we’ve developed a culture-by-design that emphasizes our fundamental core values and gives our team members autonomy to make decisions and do the right thing. Our core values are:
- Assume positive intent
- Do what’s right, even when hard
- Meet people and organizations where they are
- Be conscientious
- Always be improving
We like solving hard problems, and we celebrate team successes and share appreciation. Your skills and experience get our attention, but we will hire you based on your attitude, aptitude, and “culture add.” You’ll join a smart, diverse, and fun team that welcomes new people who can help us improve. We support your personal and professional growth and your career trajectory at Fíonta is limited only by you.
We are seeking a Strategic Account Executive to assist in the growth of our Salesforce business. You will own a book of business based on relationships and territory, strategizing Salesforce-based solutions and plans for both nonprofit and association clients. You will be responsible for the overall strategy for increasing Fionta’s pipeline, creating and executing plans and tactics. Your daily activities will include:
- Talking to prospects about Fionta and potential opportunities with an informed perspective on available technology solutions;
- Maintaining a pipeline of opportunities and meet or exceed an agreed-upon quota;
- Attending partner networking events and conferences;
- Supporting and attending Fíonta’s own business generating events;
- Qualifying opportunities through prospect calls and meetings;
- Scoping services to meet prospect requirements and/or working with Fíonta consultants to scope the solution;
- Leading finalist presentations and solution demonstrations;
- Contribute to the development of proposals and statements of work;
- Maintaining helpful communication with prospects and moving them toward contract closure;
- Ensuring successful hand-off of new projects to the execution staff.
In this role, you will:
- Lead a team of consultants, technology partners and the client through the full deal cycle, utilizing best practices and tailored engagement strategies to progress the deal;
- Prepare materials for finalist and other introductory meetings or presentations;
- Attend in-person and virtual meetings to explore requirements or present proposals;
- Develop and grow a book of business;
- Report to the VP of Business Development on the new business pipeline and added revenue forecast;
- Build long-term relationships with new and existing customers;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with Salesforce and Fonteva Account Executives, including deal strategy coordination and regular updates on all leads and opportunities derived through those partnerships;
- Prospect into former and current Fíonta clients to uncover future phases and opportunities.
As a Strategic Account Executive:
You have experience in our field: You’ve worked in nonprofit or associations-specific technology and/or nonprofit or associations business development for at least 5 years.
You get work done: You have a demonstrated track record of delivering results, meeting and exceeding your goals and growing a business or organization.
You know Salesforce for Nonprofits and/or Associations: You are familiar with the Nonprofit Success Pack and/or managed packages for the association industry and can speak to both the common use cases and technology application in an intelligent and informed manner.
You can hold your own in a negotiation: You have strong written and verbal communication skills, and can negotiate with the best of them.
You meet clients (both internal and external) where they are: You are able to build rapport and translate technical materials to non-technical stakeholders when needed.
Take initiative: identify a need or opportunity to benefit the customer or company and take appropriate steps to fill or achieve it
Orient towards customers: proactively support Fíonta’s clients and would-be clients by considering and advocating for their needs
Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills: manage workload across multiple projects, taking priority into consideration
Solve problems creatively: think outside of the box and develop innovate solutions to challenging problems
Consistently display honesty and integrity: exhibit intuitive understanding of the “right thing” and a track record of doing so
Salary is commensurate with experience. Fíonta offers a generous benefits package which includes health, dental, 401k, vacation and holidays. Candidate must be willing and able to travel on occasion.
Fíonta is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.