- Dallas, TX, USA
FSR is a leading provider of premier talent for credit unions (Direct -Hire) specifically recruiting for the credit union industry. Our experienced placement professionals have an unparalleled understanding of our client’s business culture and candidate expectations. We expertly match our candidates talent to our clients need for any all staff levels within the credit union organization, from teller to CEO we can make it happen for you.
Credit Union in East Dallas is seeking a proven Lending Manager to coordinate consumer and mortgage lending activities and the loan support functions ensuring compliance with credit union policies and procedures. Assists in development of lending policy and manages lending activity to meet credit union goals and objectives.
- Directs and monitors consumer and mortgage lending operations for the credit union to ensure that the credit union meets established goals and objectives with respect to lending. Monitors product delivery and quality and takes action to resolve problems.
- Supervises and assists in the daily operations of the loan support functions to include all credit card and loan maintenance, credit insurance, collateral protection activities including claims and payments, collateral liens and loan adjustments, corrections and/or refunds.
- Analyzes current financial position of members to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit or lending money. Makes decision to approve, decline, or forward the loan request to higher levels for decision.
- Supervises the daily operations of the department including scheduling and monitoring of work. Assists in the hiring, discipline and performance evaluation processes. Makes recommendations to improve the loan processes, service delivery and procedures.
- Assists in the review, development and implementation of lending programs, products, policies and strategies.
The ideal candidate will have two to five years general lending experience inclusive of consumer, mortgage and home equity lending. A minimum of six months supervisory experience is required.
Other required skills:
- Ability to read and interpret underwriting information such as credit bureau reports, debt to income ratio, and policy and procedure manuals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Must have in-depth understanding and ability to interpret regulations affecting lending programs. Extensive knowledge of consumer and real estate lending practices and procedures and Home Equity loans.
- Must be able to be actively registered with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System (NMLS).
- Proficiency operating in a Microsoft Windows environment including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
COMPENSATION: $60-65K annually and a comprehensive benefits package.