Site Account/ Auditor - Lagos - (Lekki, Oniru, Ikota) & Port Harcourt
Filmhouse Group houses multiple business within the media and entertainment space. The award winning Filmone Entertainment and the dynamic Filmhouse Cinemas. Our mission is "to provide magical experiences through content that entertains and inspires, delivering world-class services and exceptional value to our audience".
The group is supported by a corporate operations management team that ensures our operations area aligned to International Best-Practice.
1.Conduct independent verification, audit and reconciliation of Daily Sales, add notes on observed variances in the daily CASH & POS & report to Finance.
2. Reconciliation of all POS merchant copies by bank and report accordingly. Follow up with Support Office (SO) on resolution of charge back with the banks and report eventual settlement.
3. Carry out pre-audit and authorization of all disbursement of funds while matching all invoices and supporting documents for submission to the Finance Department.
4. Verification and documentation of all purchases on account of operation expenses from floats, general provision, stationery, printing expenses, etc.
5. Verify, and document bookings, all forms of rentals/hires and escalate all unethical and fraudulent practices suspected or observed at the Cinema to Internal Audit Department.
6. Confirm the daily stock counts carried out by the Cinema manager and conduct independent weekly stock counts and reconciliations, reporting findings to Retail and Internal Audit.
7. Responsible for validating the cash evacuation process. This includes verification with the BM before the drop off and reconciling the accuracy of the figures. This also includes examining and verifying with the cash book and receipt book and reporting to Finance on banking days, and escalating exceptions to Internal Audit promptly.
8. Collate authorized and verified weekly petty cash expenses from BM, and prepare the Petty Cash Report to be sent to finance for onward posting. Cinema Operations roles:
9. Drive Revenue & Cost Efficiency; and ensure processes & procedures are followed in the day-to-day operations, escalating all exceptions to Internal Audit appropriately. 16. Ensure the financial information and assets of the company are well protected, preserved with confidentiality and available to the right people in the right format and time. Other Duties
- Minimum of HND/B.Sc. with at least 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Knowledge of accounting theories, principles, methods, practices, and terminology in a multidisciplinary and multi-functional environment.
KEY SKILLS & COMPETENCIES REQUIREMENTS:
- Job knowledge – In-depth knowledge about financial accounting principles and processes.
- Planning and Organizational Skills – Ability to marshal resources (people, funding, material, support) to get things done; multi-task and use resources effectively and efficiently.
- Time management & organisation- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise
- Communication Skills – Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to communicate complex information in a clear and understandable way.
- Analytical skills - demonstrates the ability to picture, articulate, and solve multiple problems and concepts and make decisions that are reasonable and based on available information.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills