Senior Software Engineer Node.JS (f/m/div)
- Gaußstraße 190c, 22765 Hamburg, Germany
Join us to Unlock Consumer Financial Potential with one Click!
As Europe's first banking service provider and regulated payment institution under the Payment Services Supervision Act (ZAG), figo makes banking and payments infrastructure accessible for new use cases. Partners can aggregate and analyse financial sources, initiate payments, verify account data or categorise transactions. In March 2019, figo and finreach solutions decided to join forces; our two great locations (Hamburg and Berlin) and a team of 90 employees form the leading European Software-as-a-Service API platform for financial products. We combine experience, passion and commitment, bring all players in the financial world together at eye level, and drive the digitalisation and transformation of the financial industry.
About the role:
As a Senior Software Engineer you are responsible for further development of the stack aligned with the product department. This includes feature development, architecture of new components and general resource planning.
- Become comfortable with our tools and processes by partnering with our connectivity team to ramp up effectively
- Write new code and take ownership of a feature release or a bug fix
- Develop new microservices
- Get a deep understanding about our product and partners
- Develop secure and scalable software to build superior software
- Write clean, dynamic code using best software development practices
- Take responsibility, together with your team, for decisions and ensure excellent quality for our platform
- Support our Junior Engineers and actively contribute with your knowledge and ideas to increase our productivity
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Experience in backend development with Node.js or typescript
- Knowledge of software design patterns & pros and cons
- Expertise in test automation
- Knowledge of various databases systems (CockroachDB and Redis is a plus)
- Apply best practises (e.g. 12Factor) in your software development
- Hands-on approach in analysing and refactoring existing and write new code
- Excellent communication skills
Our Tech stack for API Platform building:
figos engineering team is a cross-functional Agile (Scrum) team. Tasks are driven by clearly defined goals and their business value. Our mode of operation allows us to integrate internal and remote engineering teams smoothly.
We serve both internal and external customers. Our technology is based primarily on Python and Node.js while the more recently developed services use Golang. Our databases are powered by CockroachDB, MongoDB, Elasticsearch and Redis. For our Frontends we use ReactJS. We have a microservices oriented architecture which is deployed to our self-hosted Kubernetes cluster in 3 Datacenters. We also make use of Service Meshes like Linkerd2 and more cloud-native technology. Our development flow is supported by Gitlab CI/CD, our repositories reside as well in our self-hosted Gitlab Enterprise instance.
What you’ll get from us:
Working with us means you will be challenged every day by our partners and your peers. You can be yourself, speak freely, be trusted and respected. You get to give and receive regular feedback, to improve yourself and others. We know that exceptional people don’t choose jobs based solely on benefits, but we do our best to make sure that you’re set up for success. In other words;
We'd love for you to join our international, solution-oriented team, where collaboration and transparency are our core values.
You can bring your fresh ideas to the company, and define the way you want to work. Our culture cares about you as an individual.
You can take advantage of a leadership team with tremendous industry expertise, that is dedicated to continuously improving both your personal growth and development and the organization, in a way that ensures long term success.
Our highly experienced People & Organization department with a long track record of hiring and supporting international employees, will be there to support you and your family; to make sure your experience relocating to Hamburg is a great one :-)
Additional benefits and rewards can be found on our careers website.
What have you done before? What are you interested in? What motivates you? Please apply online with your LinkedIn profile (or CV if you prefer). For more information about figo as an employer, check out www.figo.io/career. If you have any questions, our colleague Bea will be happy to answer.
To all recruitment agencies:
figo does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to figo employees or to any other company location. Figo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with the company.