- San Diego, CA, USA
We do what's right; Fetch Recruiting is a different kind of technical recruiting firm, putting integrity and ethics first. Fetch combines a nearly-embarrassing number of years of experience with both technology and recruiting to bring our clients targeted candidates. Our mission is to maximize the hit ratio, and minimize the sleaze to form lasting client and candidate partnerships!
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will have the opportunity to develop and support innovative software solutions with a small and agile team. Projects will include development of new and existing customer-facing offerings, data acquisition and distillation, DaaS development, Proof of Concept formation and technical/creative input. This position presents the opportunity to work in a critical role in a disruptive and fast-growing startup.
- Develop and maintain a PHP, Python, and NodeJS, but mainly PHP web based and service side applications, and industry standard conventions
- Build real-time & near-real time data interfaces with third party providers and web services using REST, AJAX, XML, JSON and other custom formats.
- Analyze large datasets to identify, parse, and extract structured and unstructured data
- Perform local testing and work with off site developers and QA team to resolve issues
- Create and maintain database tables, ad-hoc queries, and general tuning
- 3+ years of software development experience in a production environment
- Experience with MySQL and PostgresSQL databases
- Experience with GIT or other code repository
- Experience utilizing third-party API’s including real-time data streams
Nice to have:
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, Elastic, Lambda, RDS, SQS, S3)
- Developer operations experience
- Experience with PostgreSQL JSON/JSONB functions
- Experience with web scraping, web crawlers, web proxy, HTML parsing, DOM parsing, PhantomJS
- Laravel Experience
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.