- Los Angeles, CA, USA
We do what's right; Fetch Recruiting is a different kind of technical recruiting firm, putting integrity and ethics first. Fetch combines a nearly-embarrassing number of years of experience with both technology and recruiting to bring our clients targeted candidates. Our mission is to maximize the hit ratio, and minimize the sleaze to form lasting client and candidate partnerships!
We are looking for a Network Engineer who will be responsible for managing all networks and the network infrastructure for a high volume campus environment.
- Architecting and implementing solutions for switching, routing and network security.
- Daily monitoring of networks.
- Prioritize, complete and oversee projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Accurately document network designs, performing diagnosis, investigation and resolution of network systems for users, tenants, partner activations and events.
- Network infrastructure life cycle management, patch management, current network config backups.
- Develop and update processes and procedures using an ITIL framework.
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4 year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in a related field.
- 2-4 years of related work experience.
- Current and valid CCNA
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn required business systems.
- Complete understanding of IP-based networks for the purpose of implementation, operational support, monitoring and troubleshooting with a focus on Cisco solutions to include LAN Switches, WAN Devices (routers and firewalls), Network Security devices, Network Management Tools, Wi-Fi Devices (AP’s, Controllers, servers) along with VOIP.
- Strong Knowledge of Layer 2 networks including Spanning Tree, loop and broadcast detection and advanced troubleshooting skills.
- A deep understanding of IP routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IGMP and VRF along with the ability to troubleshoot complex routing issues.
- Advanced knowledge of network device management/configuration interfaces (graphical and character based) and underlying operating systems.
- Excellent network management and monitoring skills.
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls and Splunk SIEM is a plus.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, VMWare and their dependencies on the network.
- Familiarity with Ethernet cabling, CAT 5/6 cabling, Communication rooms, MDF/IDF layouts within a campus environment.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays in order to adapt to business needs.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.