- Los Angeles, CA, USA
We are looking for a highly talented and creative Senior Software Engineer who is comfortable in an agile environment, looking to work with a collaborative team on building new platforms.
You will be solving complex problems with a business that celebrates innovation and values your contributions. We want you to wake up each day excited to use cutting edge tools/technologies and software development practices. Our product sits on top of many modern technologies including Kafka, Redis, Amazon S3, DynamoDB, and ElasticSearch.
Our platform gives restaurant and retail chains the same level of customer insight (and revenue growth) as data-savvy online retailers like Amazon, leveraging hundreds of millions of data points.
Hungry for more? Snag a freshly-ground espresso and a ripe kiwi from our fully stocked snack-area; mosey over to one of our many rotating food trucks – we like the Jamaican truck, personally; or stroll up Sawtelle for a sit-down feast (yes, there’s something for everyone’s belly out here). We work hard, so we can play hard: personal and professional growth opportunities are punctuated with monthly team activities, like bowling alleys, dive bars, and catered lunches. And, yes, there just might be a rooftop holiday party. Not to mention robust health, dental, vision, and vacation benefits.
- Take product ideas from ideation to implementation
- Design and build scalable, high-volume Java web applications focused on functionality for Audience Creation and Media Campaign Management
- Optimize the performance of our data ingestion and data processing pipelines
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Develop systems that are highly scalable, but easy to maintain
- Collaborate with colleagues on design and architecture
- Build high-throughput and low-latency microservices
Desired Background and Skills
- 5+ years of professional development experience in core Java
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Java 8
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- AWS services, especially Lambda, S3, EC2
- Experience with building large scale distributed systems in UNIX type platforms
- Strong problem-solving skills with practical application of data structures
- Knowledge and experience with RDBMS such as PostgreSQL, MariaDB, and MySQL; and NoSQL solutions such as Cassandra, HBase, Riak, and MongoDB
- Experience building scalable service API’s - RESTful, etc.
- SQL proficiency
- Positive work attitude, self-motivated, quick learner, and a team player
We are a growing marketing software company in West Los Angeles