DBA (SQL Server)
- Los Angeles, CA
Fetch Recruiting is a different kind of technical recruiting firm. Fetch combines a nearly-embarrassing number of years of experience with both technology and recruiting to bring our clients targeted candidates. Our focus is technical, but we also work on the peripheral roles that touch technology. Our mission is to maximize the hit ratio, and minimize the sleaze. With integrity and ethics leading the way, Fetch’s goal is to form client and candidate partnerships with a long-term view. http://fetchrecruiting.com/about-us/
Exciting innovative company seeking an experienced and dedicated Database Administrator to join our team.
In this role you will participate in making a difference by collaborating with other team members to develop cutting edge solutions, solving complex problems by incorporating new technologies and methodologies and much more.
- Assess database security vulnerabilities, recommend and implement security solutions and new or revised policies and procedures to secure databases
- Install, configure and upgrade database server software
- Provide advanced level support in database administration inclusive of database design, database development for transactional, reporting and data warehouse system solutions (OLAP, Star Schema, etc).
- Troubleshoot performance issues, CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resource contention issues
- Review, enhance and maintain sound backup recovery policies and procedures
- Assist software engineering team with writing and improving stored procedures, SQL query tuning, views, functions, etc.
- Expertise with High Availability & Disaster Recovery planning and execution (clustering, mirroring, log shipping and replication)
- Expert knowledge of T-SQL
- 7+ years of recent hands on experience in administering SQL Server 2012 and higher
- Proven ability in managing databases of 200+ GB in size
- B.Sc. in computer science or a related field
- Expert knowledge in writing complex analytical queries (ranking functions, window functions etc.)
- Expertise with creation and maintenance of SSIS packages and SSRS reports
- Experience with MPP databases (e.g. Greenplum/AWS Redshift/Azure SQL DW, etc)
- Experience with NoSQL databases
- Experience working with big data
- Annual Bonuses
- Competitive Health Coverage and Benefits
- Stock Options