Senior Magento Engineer
- Santa Monica, CA
Fetch Recruiting is a different kind of technical recruiting firm. Fetch combines a nearly-embarrassing number of years of experience with both technology and recruiting to bring our clients targeted candidates. Our focus is technical, but we also work on the peripheral roles that touch technology. Our mission is to maximize the hit ratio, and minimize the sleaze. With integrity and ethics leading the way, Fetch’s goal is to form client and candidate partnerships with a long-term view. http://fetchrecruiting.com/about-us/
We are currently seeking a Senior Magento Engineer for our client located in Santa Monica, CA. Our client is a retail company with a mission to make safe products for everyone to use. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing organization with an amazing mission!
The Sr. Magento Engineer is a skilled professional focused on the design and creation of software. The Senior Magento Engineer in this role will be responsible for the development and delivery of software solutions from concept to completion. In addition, they are expected to promote best practices and work collaboratively with other teams, including: Product Managers, Marketing, Vendors & other developers.
The ideal candidate will be a seasoned engineer in developing the software using open source technologies, specifically LAMP Stack and Magento.
Provides hands on design, architecture and development.
- Develop PHP web application with Object Oriented MVC architecture.
- Develop code optimized for optimum performance.
- Develop web service Clients/Servers utilizing SOAP/XML-RPC.
- Develop Simple/Advanced SQL queries.
- Develop Database Stored Procedures, Transactions/Rollbacks
- Optimize SQL Queries and database to improve the performance.
- Collaborate with the HTML & Design Team to develop the Frontend.
- Develop completely customized upgradable websites in Magento.
- Upgrade existing websites to newer Magento versions.
- Extension development in Magento.
- Participate in Design and Development of new features in the product.
- Responsible for the deployment of the web application
- Understanding Client Requirements & functional specifications.
- Effectively communicate status, metrics and issues on a regular basis.
- Should be able to execute assigned tasks in a timely & efficient manner.
- Assist team members & colleagues to solve technical issues.
- 4+ years of working experience with PHP web application Development with MySQL
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Master in Computer Applications, or commensurate work experience.
- Strong debugging skills, Code flow analysis and the ability to read and modify existing code.
- Good working experience on Template programming.
- Good skills in XML & Web services (SOAP, REST).
- Experience of implementing W3C standards and best practices.
- DBA experience with MySQL.
- Knowledge of Agile and Scrum.
- Ability to translate business requirements into system design.
- Hands on experience in website deployment to live environment.
- eCommerce experience is a must.
- Magento Enterprise Certification
- Zend Certification.
- Working experience with Zend Framework.
- Working experience with code repositories CVS/SVN/GIT.
MUST BE LOCAL TO THE LOS ANGELES, CA
WILL ACCEPT CANDIDATES WITH EAD (must be able to convert after 6 months)