Senior DevOps Engineer
- Glendale, CA
Fetch Recruiting is a different kind of technical recruiting firm. Fetch combines a nearly-embarrassing number of years of experience with both technology and recruiting to bring our clients targeted candidates. Our focus is technical, but we also work on the peripheral roles that touch technology. Our mission is to maximize the hit ratio, and minimize the sleaze. With integrity and ethics leading the way, Fetch’s goal is to form client and candidate partnerships with a long-term view. http://fetchrecruiting.com/about-us/
We are currently seeking an experienced, Senior level DevOps Engineer to join our client located in the Glendale area. Our client is a gaming software company that is looking for creative people who are interested in creating new interactive experiences that will engage people in a new and exciting way.
- Design, create, manage and maintain tools, systems, and processes to promote software release, deployment and configuration
- Implement and manage systems along the entire range of the software deployment runway
- Contribute to short- and long-term maintenance of software developed and used by the company, including prototyping, modifications, enhancements and bug fixes
- Opportunity to assist with software engineering and development
- Write and/or maintain documentation related to the software itself, to the practices and methods followed during its design or implementation, and to its deployment and execution in both development and production environments
- Apply standards-based best practices to the creation of well-designed, reusable and reliable classes, libraries, modules, frameworks, software components and dev-ops processes, including promote the successful adoption thereof in the company
- Perform testing, analysis and implementation of new systems and tools to achieve high performance, scalability, consistent reliability and high availability of software and systems developed and/or used by the company
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related engineering/technical field
- 5+ years of hands-on experience as a developer, systems administrator or other engineer in a Dev-Ops related capacity
- Working knowledge of computer science fundamentals such as data structures, design patterns, complexity analysis, optimization problems, etc.
- Deep knowledge of scripting languages such as Python, Bash, PowerShell, and/or others
- Solid knowledge of the Java, C# and C++ programming languages
- Detailed knowledge of programming practices, best practices and fundamentals, as well as industry standards as applied to other development platforms
- Knowledge of continuous integration systems (CIS), continuous delivery (CD) and best practices
- Knowledge of industry-standard tools applied to CIS/CD stacks, such as Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Jenkins, Maven, Git, Sonar, Docker and others
- Detailed knowledge of Linux, Windows, Macintosh and/or other computing platforms
- Excellent troubleshooting skills honed in real-world experience
- Hands-on experience with big and small systems, from distributed and N-tier architectures to application-specific projects intended to be run on hardware products
- Practical knowledge of SQL
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
- The following experiences are a plus: Web services, iOS and Android; networking and security
MUST BE LOCAL TO LOS ANGELES AREA.
THIS CLIENT IS UNABLE TO SPONSOR VISAS.