- Chantilly, VA, USA
Fenix Group is a Systems Integrator focused on battlefield technologies. Our mission is to reduce risk and cost to the warfighter by enabling battlefield intelligence at the edge, increasing soldier lethality and allowing smaller teams to control larger areas. Our experience in deploying specialized austere environment communications systems to enable a "Battlefield of Things" (TM) allows us to connect drones, augmented reality enabled battlefield robots, loitering munitions, and other sensor ecosystem end points to enable US military and first responders with at-the-edge intelligence.
The engineering technician will work alongside engineers, assisting with research, evaluation, design, and quality control processes.
1) Work alongside engineers to design, build, and test solutions to a variety of technical problems.
2) Build prototypes including fine pitch soldering, wiring harness builds, mechanical housing fabrication/modification.
3) Inspect and modify existing designs and prototypes.
4) Conduct research, collect data, and as necessary write reports.
5) Run tests, diagnostics, and calibrations.
6) Conduct experiments and investigations under the guidance of Engineers.
7) Inspect inventory and reorder materials and technical components.
8) Analyze operations and offer suggestions for improvement.
9) Maintain records and assist with presentations.
10) Participate in learning and growth opportunities.
Education: Associates degree in Engineering Technology (Electrical or Mechanical). Bachelor’s degree in Engineering Technology preferred
• At least five years of experience working in an engineering environment
• Experience in electronics prototyping and testing
• Digital Multi-Meter
• Desktop Power Supply
• Fine Pitch Soldering
• Prototype Design/Build
• Ability to read electrical schematics
• MS Office (Word, Excel, etc.)
• May require participation in field trials that would go beyond normal office environment demands.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl.
• The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
• Must be a U.S. Citizen
• Work Authorization / Security Clearance: Must be able to obtain a Secret level clearance
• Travel is primarily locally during the business day, although some out of the area travel and overnight may be expected.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.