Field Engineer - Baseband Installer
- Fairfax, VA, USA
Fenix Group is a Systems Integrator focused on battlefield technologies. Our mission is to reduce risk and cost to the warfighter by enabling battlefield intelligence at the edge, increasing soldier lethality and allowing smaller teams to control larger areas. Our experience in deploying specialized austere environment communications systems to enable a "Battlefield of Things" (TM) allows us to connect drones, augmented reality enabled battlefield robots, loitering munitions, and other sensor ecosystem end points to enable US military and first responders with at-the-edge intelligence.
This position requires a TS/ SCI with full scope polygraph.
Responsible for repairing, testing, and deploying satellite devices in support of a global network. Duties include working in teams to install new Satellite antenna systems ranging in size from 1 meter to 4 meters at worldwide locations. Install/ repair RF equipment in relation to network/ facilities equipment. Design, update and record all areas of Satellite systems installations and connectivity, using Customer provided procedures and direction. Train Customers both mid and entry level technicians on operation of equipment and testing of installed satellite systems. Conduct Site Surveys for future growth and recap.
Up to 60% OCONUS travel to hazard areas is required.
Security Clearance: United States TS/ SCI with full scope polygraph
Years of experience: 11+
Education: BS in Engineering or Technical Trade
· Knowledge/experience in Satellite terminal operations, circuit restoration, maintenance, installation, (to include fiber optics), and upgrading of communication facilities
· Understanding of team management and safety procedures, equipment installations, updating technical documentation and final system testing
· Proficient with test equipment, including spectrum analyzers, signal generators, Digital data test sets, Oscilloscopes, Power meters and Multi-meters, both loop and end-to-end testing.
· Knowledge of construction practices; to include but not limited to, Electrical (commercial) Carpentry (most hand and power tools), working around Heavy Equipment (cranes, forklifts, Etc..).
· Ability/initiative to maintain current knowledge of relevant technologies.
· Ability to compose, review, and provide updates to technical documentation.
· Strong technical acumen: Ability to cross train with other installation teams to become a more versatile, well-rounded engineer/technician.
· Knowledge of logistics – ability to identify and track project equipment.
· Strong communications skills
· Experience with Customer equipment and deploying to Customer locations overseas.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.